Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Will I ever get better?

(3 Posts)
Hup Wed 13-Aug-14 15:39:00

Back story;
Miscarriage
Dad had heart attack
Medical problems from miscarriage
Operation
Money worries
DH Left 5 months ago.

All in 18 months.
Today I can't get out of bed. On ADs and having counselling but nothing is working.

Iwasinamandbunit Wed 13-Aug-14 17:12:11

Let's be honest anyone would feel terrible after enduring what you have over the last few months.

I don't know how long it will take op and all you can do is cooperate and don't over stretch yourself. Try and get out even if you just go and walk round the block for ten minutes. Its a small thing and it may take every fibre of your being to set foot out the door but its a positive thing.

My Doctor says people that have depression function at different levels and can have good and bad days. She says she wants all her patients to function at the very best level they can get to and that there are steps forward and back but the one thing not to do is to beat yourself up about being unwell and not managing.

I spent almost four months indoors last year, yesterday I went out for dinner and actually laughed. Which this time last year I would have never believed could have happened.

I really do know how you feel and have even had a PG loss which triggered a bad episode for me though many years who.

Have you connected with your counsellor? I have had varying results depending on who I'm having counselling with.

Hup Thu 14-Aug-14 00:39:08

Thanks Iwas. Just having a really bad few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now