Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What am I supposed to do with my life?

(3 Posts)
Queenofknickers Tue 08-Jul-14 11:41:25

After multiple episodes of severe depression I have been "invalided" from my job/career. I know I'm lucky because I have an insurance policy that will pay mortgage and bills but I'm at that point in recovery where I know I need to do something but still can't face doing anything. Even seeing friends freaks me out a bit. Plus am dreading school hols with bickering DSs. I sound like a right ungrateful cow.

chockbic Tue 08-Jul-14 16:11:33

Can you do some voluntary work?

IsItMeOr Tue 08-Jul-14 16:22:12

Perhaps have a look through these tips from Mind, and see if anything grabs you.

Can you remember what things made you feel good before all this started?

Would it help you to have some sort of plan for the school holidays? E.g:
one structured activity one day each week (holiday club/football camp/etc) funds permitting,

one family day out each week,

get DSs to start telling you about things that they would like to do in holidays so that you can fill in a bit of a schedule or have a list of ideas to dip into.

One step at a time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now