Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Think I may have stopped therapy too soon

(2 Posts)
Stoppedtoosoon Sat 05-Jul-14 21:55:49

I am unsure what to do.

I have been seeing a psychotherapist for about 6 months. I went to talk through a specific issue and felt that this has been dealt with. I felt really positive and like a lot of issues had been put to bed.

We did 4 weeks of ending and all was ok. On my last session this week I was feeling quite sad and we spoke about that.

Since my last session I have been feeling very anxious, quite scared and quite detached from the world and other people.

I have had a bad experience since therapy ended which is very linked to why I went in the first place and am feeling very stuck.

Are these feelings quite normal? Will they subside? I am really not sure what to do.

DaddyBeer Sun 06-Jul-14 01:37:36

IME it is not uncommon to feel anxious after finishing therapy. Is it possible for you to go back for a few more sessions?

I realise this will depend on whether your therapy was private or NHS. Either way, I would encourage you to find someone to talk to about how you're feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now