Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any anxious obsessives out there ?

(79 Posts)

I think I might be a bit, I don't know, a bit overly anxious and obsessive.

This have come to ahead recently, I went for a night out and can't remember bits, I am filling my head with all sorts of things I might have said and done. None of them that logical, but I feel really anxious about it. I have spoken to a friend who said I was fine, spoken to loads of people afterwards who haven't said I was out of line, but my body doesn't seem to react to logical thinking.

I have always been like this, over thinking everything, obsessing about it and working it over in my mind till my heart is pounding and my head is knotted. I over think everything that most people wouldn't give a second thought.

What can I do ? I know I could see a GP, what would they say ?
Is anyone else like this ?

Hi Dave <waves>

Dame I am so glad things are looking up. How did you access it ? Through your GP ?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-Jun-14 23:29:39

No, the waiting list is 6 months with gp but might be shorter elsewhere. Luckily we have private health insurance through Dh's work.

Ah actually dp has been going on about putting me on his, it's just something we haven't got round to doing.

Will cbt still work if I am not going through an overly anxious phase ? I always over think things but not to the extent I have recently and the anxiety is sometimes ok. Do I have to wait till I am in a bit of a mess or is it ok to go when things have calmed down.

How are you feeling today ?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 13-Jun-14 21:47:28

No,I was having a good day when I went, we just talked about how I feel on a bad day and a good day. Tbh I felt very delicate yesterday and teary BUT really relieved and I slept amazingly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now