Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Self harm - given into it.

(7 Posts)
kim147 Sat 10-May-14 20:04:49

Only 1 person knows. People aren't listening to me, stuff is being delayed and I've got a lot of self hate and stuff from the past that's not going away. On ADs.

I had to do it. It relieves so much tension. The thoughts kept building up and finally I succumbed. It's not deep cuts but it is something I have control over. There's too much stuff that is so so important to me going on that other people are controlling. I hate it so much.

spottydolphin Sat 10-May-14 20:19:25

<hugs>

same here. not much help to you I know.

who isn't listening to you?

kim147 Sat 10-May-14 20:23:49

It's too complicated to go into. But I have a rather massive issue that is so important to me but affects other people. Makes life very very hard. Also got a life full of massive regret.

spottydolphin Sat 10-May-14 20:27:56

are you having therapy of any sort at the moment?

i cut for the same reasons as you in terms of control and relieving tension. but then i look at my kids and think they deserve better sad

kim147 Sat 10-May-14 21:25:16

I was seen by the MH team but apparently I wasn't serious enough to be taken on by them sad

I don't know how to overcome these thoughts and cutting helps.

Self harm is so destructive, my advice would be to carry on trying as hard as you can not to self harm. I can honestly say I ruined my twenties through self harm and I would not wish that on anyone. Any control you think you have over it is an illusion IMO, it is addictive and leads to so many more problems.

Did you tell the CMHT that you were considering / had self harmed? Usually the criteria for getting their services revolves around risk, if you are SIing you are at an increased risk and they may be more willing to help you.

This reply probably sounds terribly cold and I don't mean it to. I am sorry things are so tough for you, take care xx

fluffybunnies246 Sun 11-May-14 12:57:50

have to agree with fluffydressinggown. My arms are a mess from old scars, and when everyone else is getting happy about it being summer I'm miserable as I don't want to get them out. I also worry what my kids will think when they get older. I wish that instead of doing that, I'd had the courage to talk to someone about what I was feeling, and what I was thinking...have you tried talking to someone? I ended up calling the Samaritans in the past, and sometimes just having someone to talk to you until the feeling passes can help. Have you spoken to your GP about wanting to SH? TBH my experiences of MH services have led me to avoid them like the plague...but maybe that is just me...I personally found that external organisations were more useful. Again, your GP might be able to help with this. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now