Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can't get a drs appt.

(7 Posts)
Needtoseedr Fri 09-May-14 14:18:57

I've finally made the decision that I need some medication. I've been seeing a private counseller for a little while and she's persuaded me to see a doctor. It's really been a difficult step for me to come to this decision.

I managed to phone the gp surgery yesterday and was told that there were no appointments at all and to ring back today, which I've just done to be told they can't fit me in for 2 weeks. Apparently I should go to a walk in centre if it's urgent.

I'm feeling suicidal, although I have no plans to actually kill myself now. I'm not sure a walk in centre would do anything.

Sat in the toilet at work crying.

MyFirstName Fri 09-May-14 14:28:04

Phone the Drs again and say you need to see or speak to a doctor today. If they ask if it is important/an emergency just repeat *I need to see/speak to a Dr today".

I am sorry you are feeling so awful. flowers. I am not much good at this stuff and hope someone more able will be along to help in a minute - but hand-holding

colette Fri 09-May-14 14:31:31

Needtoseedr- this is an emergency , they have set phrases they churn out. It's a big deal and you need to be seen as a priority ,good luckbrew

nethunsreject Fri 09-May-14 14:42:22

Agree with the others, it's an emergency.

Needtoseedr Fri 09-May-14 15:00:20

Sorry, I've managed to pull myself together.
I did try telling the receptionist that I needed to see a doctor today but she insisted that there were no appointments and if it was urgent I should go to the walk in centre. I'm suffering from quite a lot of anxiety and I don't think I can face calling the surgery again.

Thanks for the replies.

SnowyMouse Fri 09-May-14 15:37:57

Could you go to the walk in centre?

Needtoseedr Fri 09-May-14 15:52:40

I'm not really sure walk in centres are for this kind if thing are they? I visited it a while ago with DD and it seemed to be nurse lead.
I'm not sure it really is an emergency and I'm probably being a bit dramatic about it. It's just that I psyched myself up to talk to a dr, but I'll have to wait I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now