Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Promising to be kind to ourselves...

(48 Posts)
Swoopdewoop Mon 28-Apr-14 18:59:50

On moodgym there's a section where you have to write down every day for a week what you did that was only for you. That's the point I gave up.

So I'm starting it here and I hope you'll join me - please don't leave me floundering!

Right now - I am going for a quick walk. Will update when it's done.

Swoopdewoop Mon 28-Apr-14 21:04:45

No takers? Maybe tomorrow?

Walk was nice. I forced myself to go slowly. Realisedthat on other walks I'd been going fairly fast, partly to feel I'd exercised, partly to get it over with. Ambling was ok. Hasn't given me a massive boost or anything. Will try again tomorrow.

bigoldbird Mon 28-Apr-14 21:11:46

Do you mind if I join you Swoopdewoop?

I recently went on a CBT course, and I am supposed to do 5 things just for me every week.

Can't actually think of anything I have done so far, but am working on it.

I did have a long hot bubbly bath last night, so that could be the first one.

I also booked a week's leave from work when nobody else is off, so I can be in the house on my own, pottering around by myself and doing exactly what I want to do. DH knows I have done this, but no-one else.

Hmm. That's a couple of things then.

What are you planning tomorrow?

Swoopdewoop Mon 28-Apr-14 21:24:38

Hi bigoldbird I'd love if you joined me! I don't feel so lonely now.smile

I think the bath definitely counts. I might do that tomorrow actually. If this thread takes off, we can inspire each other. smile

Also, a week pottering on your own sounds bliss. Sounds like you're making real progress, that's fab. Oh hell, have another smiley smile

SilverStars Mon 28-Apr-14 23:34:16

Hi I had a short walk out just before sunset which was much needed me-time. What a good thread!

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 28-Apr-14 23:38:02

I went for a run and found a new route on pavements/safe surfaces.

I watched a couple of TV programmes I like, on my own.

I walk the dogs in the park every morning and stop for a mocha at the cafe. It's understood that during that hour my phone is firmly switched off smile.

BigPawsBrown Mon 28-Apr-14 23:46:23

Id like to join! I have grazia in bed, does that count? My job is so busy I do struggle hmm

LastingLight Tue 29-Apr-14 05:35:35

Yesterday I lay in bed reading a book when I should have been studying / doing laundry... and I enjoyed it.

I'd like to join please!

Yesterday I left work at lunch to go to the bank, was nice to get out and I had a browse in a lovely clothes shop, tried some things on but didn't buy.

Today I'm not sure - possibly a walk in the woods.

rabbitrisen Tue 29-Apr-14 09:06:16

Nice thread. Am bumping.
Very important to look after ourselves.

Swoopdewoop Tue 29-Apr-14 16:51:42

I loved reading these!

Today I bought a take away coffee and sat in the park to write. Discovered there are toilets there, whoopee, major win. Feeling so much better.

Anyone else? smile

yegodsandlittlefishes Tue 29-Apr-14 17:09:01

I felt really tired earlier. I made myself lie down and take a 10 minute nap. I don't know if that counts, but it was just what I needed!

ginorwine Tue 29-Apr-14 17:55:01

Hello . Good stuff! Mine is sitting in bed mumsnetting ! smile

Swoopdewoop Tue 29-Apr-14 18:02:05

yegods that totally counts!

ginorwine can't imagine what that's like at all, no no no smile

LastingLight Tue 29-Apr-14 19:06:52

I just had a block of high quality, locally made dark chocolate... and then I had another one. smile

BigPawsBrown Tue 29-Apr-14 19:55:14

I just left the office... Going to have a bubble bath with grazia magazine smile

Nice idea. Something just for me? Tricky! I've had a busy day... but... well I guess going to counselling was for me, tho not exactly a treat! when dcs in bed sat in front of Revenge with some chocolate smile

Not much today but managed to catch up with an old work colleague over lunch, which was lovely.

Swoopdewoop Wed 30-Apr-14 11:20:35

Mine for today is major. I have logged out of facebook. grin

I hope I can last hmm

Think I will also go for a walk AND have been inspired by previous posters to have CHOCOLATE. Yum!

yegodsandlittlefishes Wed 30-Apr-14 11:39:08

Drove to a nice park for my run today. It was lovely. Went a bit out of my way to pick up some pate for my lunch (no one else in my family likes it and I've been missing it).

I'm walking home eating a Magnum [smile ]

Swoopdewoop Thu 01-May-14 13:49:47

Hi everyone, hope you're all finding something lovely for yourselves today. I'm lighting a lovely scented candle to keep me company while I work. And maybe a decaff coffee and some chocolate as well. smile

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 01-May-14 14:08:18

Just fixed myself a peppered mackerel salad sandwich. Delivious! grin

LastingLight Thu 01-May-14 15:07:02

Took a break from studying to go and ride my horse, and off to see a movie with DH soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now