Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Told to stop feeling sorry for myself

(7 Posts)
muddleup Wed 26-Mar-14 13:39:07

By my psychiatrist this morning, told my previous psychologist only supported me didnt counsel me.
that I should probably not continue seeing my new psychologist because until I like myself I wont be able to be helped.
All this and she forgot I was coming, had no notes, no diary, kept blaming her secretary, but this is the second time in a year that that has happened.

I dont know what to think anymore, I didnt think I felt sorry for myself, I thought my last psychologist helped me alot and I'm only just getting used to my new one, but maybe shes right, I dont know.
My head doesnt know what to think anymore sad

Grockle Wed 26-Mar-14 13:50:53

Not sure what to say but thanks

muddleup Wed 26-Mar-14 13:51:40

Thanks

prettymess Wed 26-Mar-14 13:55:57

Oh dear sad
I was told by a psychiatrist that I wasn't depressed, I was just bored. DH was told he wasn't depressed after he had just tried to kill himself. It's all not helpful and professionals should know better.

Can you change your care to another counsellor or psychiatrist?

muddleup Wed 26-Mar-14 14:04:07

I'm sorry to hear that Prettymess.

I overdosed at christmas and she said she had to only let me have my prescription every 3 days, they were all supposed to meet to work out a crisis plan for me, that was 8 weeks ago, no mention of that today.

My psychologist is nice im just learning to trust her.
The psychiatrist I dont like, she blows hot and cold, is never the same.

I just wish everyone worked from the same page, my heads already a mess.

muddleup Thu 27-Mar-14 10:19:20

Pychiatrist phoned me this morning, she said I left upset yesterday and she was worried.
I wonder if she reads mumsnet.
She asked if I was still suicidal but I dont trust her to tell her the truth, at this moment I dont no who I'm supposed to trust and I'm scared and I guess paranoid sad

MrsAmaretto Thu 27-Mar-14 21:09:07

sad Your psychiatrist sounds shit. No notes, blaming other people, not drawing up a crisis plan, slagging off a fellow healthcare professional, adding to your doubts and anxiety? She's pretty shit at her job! Any way of emailing her & her boss and telling them your concerns with your care from her?

Surely your psychologist is meant to support you?? If you trust her, get in contact, it'll help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now