Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So what's left?

(4 Posts)
Noddyandbigears Wed 26-Mar-14 11:35:58

How are you today??

Noddyandbigears Tue 25-Mar-14 13:27:01

Has your husband passed away? Do you need bereavement counciling?

Have you tried dating? Online etc?

What about booking a holiday? Buying a new car? Even moving?! It's all things that give you a purpose.

LastingLight Tue 25-Mar-14 09:48:00

You have to put things in place for yourself now, before they leave. Join a hiking club / book club / pottery class / language class. Do volunteer work at your local library / children's home / old age home / soup kitchen / hospital. Reconnect with friends.

If you feel worthless, that life is pointless, sad and / or desperate most days, your sleeping or eating patterns have changed drastically, you have difficulty with thinking, concentrating and planning or you think about suicide then you may be clinically depressed. In this case see your gp - there might be physical reasons why you feel this way and you need a thorough checkup.

On my own for eight years, after 17 years of happy marriage.

So if your kids are the only reason you get out of bed in the morning, what happens when they've gone?

On the outside, I give the impression of someone who's coping well, managing my life, kids, house, business. But what's worth having when the kids have gone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now