Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Why does it take so little?

(6 Posts)
fallinapart Mon 24-Mar-14 15:04:51

I feel like I am constantly on an edge just waiting to fall off. It just takes the slightest thing and it all seems pointless and that I can't do i it any more. Most of the time I feel fine, great even. But then something comes along and I am back wondering what the point is. I need some resilience otherwise I am not going to make it sad

SoHHKB Mon 24-Mar-14 15:11:56

Here, take my hand and take a step back from that edge...

Someone else will be along soon with wiser words but in the meantime, get through today, this hour, this minute and know that in this minute, this hour, this day, you didn't fall off. Well done smile

archshoes Mon 24-Mar-14 20:38:09

Do you have an emotional support network?

incywincyspideragain Mon 24-Mar-14 21:10:33

Come and sit with me (just a little bit away from the edge) I think I get what you mean, I need resilience too, I someone comes along with some advice - who did you talk about it to today? x

rainbowfeet Fri 04-Apr-14 11:53:42

I so feel like this!!!! Mum sitting here in tears thinking of what it's doing to my children.... I hate what I have become!! My daughter jokes that I'm a stress-head & always sad but she's not joking is she I am ruining her life!!

GeoffLeopard Fri 04-Apr-14 12:22:46

I am the same. Felt ok and all of a sudden something inconsequential has happened and I suddenly feel lonely and despondent. At home with my youngest today, it should be precious special time but I can't break out of my mental rut.

Hope it helps to know you're not alone in feeling like this. I guess calm breathing and finding something to be grateful for might help us all. So... In....... Out........ And thank you for my beautiful healthy girls and my garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now