Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I find dd annoying.

(6 Posts)
tulipsaredelicious Mon 17-Mar-14 18:52:21

sometimes I want to beg dd to just be quiet and still for five minutes

Sometimes I do that with my dcs. I think it teaches them that they have to consider other people's feelings. And it buys me a little bit of sanity. The family has to work for everyone in it, not just the dcs.

LastingLight Mon 17-Mar-14 18:40:51

When you're very stressed then it's hard to deal with the demands that children make on you... even just the constant "look at me doing this dance move mummy!" Focus on doing whatever you need to do in order to get your stress levels down, and it will become easier to enjoy your daughter.

superstarheartbreaker Mon 17-Mar-14 18:10:39

My dad has her sometimes. She is at Rainbows now. It upsets me I feel like this as she is very beautiful. She does make me laugh sometimes too but today I yelled her as she wiped her nose on her school jumper. I guess this is what kids are!
I remember being completely in my own world at her age.

LastingLight Mon 17-Mar-14 18:07:23

You are not alone. Sometimes I want to beg dd to just be quiet and still for 5 minutes. You sound as if you need a break. Is there someone who can look after dd so that you can have some me-time?

LEMmingaround Mon 17-Mar-14 17:51:50

I totally understand - in fact, my DD is driving me nuts just now, poor thing, she is only eating a sweet and i swear i am almost foaming at the mouth blush All those things that are irritating you ARE irritating, my DD (8) is always singing and dancing and prancing around the house and it doesn't make me smile, it makes me grit my teeth and count to 100!

I am really sorry to hear you were bullied from your job, that is awful, is there any come-back from that?

I think your tenseness is coming half from the fact that actually, kids do drive their parents up the wall and partly from anxiety. When i am anxious, my fuse is very short. Have you had any support from your doctor?

superstarheartbreaker Mon 17-Mar-14 17:46:28

I love my daughter so much but I don't find much pleasure in her ATM. She is only 5 and george ours but very girly and everything is a big drama. We have a cat as she really wanted him but she squeals every time he comes near her.
We were doing some pottery yesterday and when she couldn't do it so threw her clay across the room. She loves singing and the theatre which is lovely and she's in the choir. I want to encourage this but I do find the constant singing and dancing wearing. I'm a single mum and I'm going through a lot of shit ATM. Was bullied out of work.
She is lovely so why do I feel so tense around her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now