Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Trrochanteric bursitis - and now anxiety

(3 Posts)
HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 10:30:17

Morning all. I wonder if you can help...I've been off work for 2 months with a hip problem - trrochanteric bursitis - which makes my teaching job impossible. I work with students with SEN which involves a lot of manual handling & getting up & down off the floor. My GP says that returning to work too soon could make the problem much worse & I should basically rest until it's better. I have physio booked in for early May.

In the meantime I am getting increasingly anxious about going back to work at all, I feel a failure, I have aches everywhere & am having very disturbing dreams.

I would usual counteract these feelings (which have been a part of my life on & off for several decades) with long walks, the gym & swimming - all of which is out of the question because of the hip.

So I am stuck getting fat & feeling like a miserable lump.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this cycle?

HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 10:31:11

Not sure why my phone is autocorrecting trochanteric to trrochanteric! Oops.

HenriettaTurkey Mon 17-Mar-14 17:54:36

Anybody?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now