Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone take clonazepam?

(6 Posts)
Suicidal5833 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:20:37

It's just things I've read say this is for short term only but I've been on it nearly a year now at a dose of 3 mg.

Suicidal5833 Thu 27-Feb-14 23:41:13

Bump

Megbeth Fri 28-Feb-14 13:34:06

I take it occasionally but am just on 0.5mg dose.
I also take Sertraline 75mg. Maybe check with your Dr if ok to be on it long term.

LastingLight Fri 28-Feb-14 13:41:45

My understanding is that it is not a good idea to take benzodiazepines long term as they are habit forming and you can have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Do you take them every day? Having said that, I took alprazolam for a long time, but the slow release version which is apparently not as habit forming.

Suicidal5833 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:35:46

I am told to take them every day.

Queenofknickers Mon 03-Mar-14 18:19:51

Yes I take 2 at night - and have done for 2 years. I'm regularly reviewed by a psychiatrist. Thing to remember is that a lot of the advice out there is general or for moderate illness (not denigrating that as it is still awful) whereas there are are some people who, in my psychiatrists words are in the 1-2% who need these all the time. Even if you need to come off them you should taper so gradually that you shouldn't get withdrawal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now