Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

feel pretty low

(7 Posts)
dontcallmehon22 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:26:14

I had a relationship end recently, which has triggered this. I started on 20mg of citalopram today. I have tingly fingers, feel sick and keep googling suicide, though I have no intention of doing anything. I feel flat, bleak and empty with no energy.

DumDum32 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:52:14

Didn't want this unanswered no advise just ((( hugs )))

silvermirror Wed 26-Feb-14 22:02:12

Do you have any family to support you?
If yr googling suicide then your obvously having intrusive thoughts about it its never a good idea googling suicide as it could give you the urge to attempt a suicide and there is some sicko forums that encourage you so be careful.
samaratans is a good place to get urgent support or A and E for a mental health assessment.
Its early days with the medication and some carry side effects that get better with time.
Big hugs x

dontcallmehon22 Thu 27-Feb-14 18:43:04

I feel slightly less awful today. Lying in bed feeling sick. Family are ok, but not much support really.

LastingLight Thu 27-Feb-14 18:55:53

Hang in there and give the pills some time to work. Side effects usually go away by the second week.

DumDum32 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:59:10

Try distracting urself with something on tv or maybe listening to music or reading a book. It can help sometimes. Glad to hear ur feeling a bit better.

brokenhearted55a Wed 06-Aug-14 00:13:28

Citalopram made me sick to my stomach.

I didnt stay on it to see if it got better.

Hugs. I had depression after a break down too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now