Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

General sense of doom, health anxiety and social anxiety. Gahhhhh

(5 Posts)
BitchPeas Tue 25-Feb-14 21:50:43

I've been through a lot in the last 6 or so years. I've had therapy, course of ADs and have put it all to bed.

Everything is going right in my life right now, DS is good after some minor health problems and loves school, no drama with XH (his dad) relationship with a very old friend is amazing, we are both committed and want the same things, works going well, have a few good holidays booked. (Not a stealth boast just trying to set the scene)

But, I'm have a sense of doom I can't shake, I'm struggling with everyday things, like panicking about parents evening, hating my own company, worring about running out of money, that I've gained weight, worrying about silly things at work like requesting a rest day and that I've forgotten to do something and they will sack me blush worrying DS is getting bullied (never had a problem with this btw) worrying I'm infertile as me and DP planning to start TTC at the beginning of next year. Worrying all my friends hate me, and people don't like me in general; panicking about the future. I have an assesment day at work next week and I physically feel ill about it, like I want to cry/be sick at the same time. I've done about 12 in the past!!!!

It's like I'm a prisoner in my own head ATM. My DM said it could be I'm used to major stress I don't know how to be without it confused

I've worked so so so hard to get here and it's taken years and ten tons of shite to deal with and get past I'm just so frustrated with myself and I'm a negative person to be around. sad DP is being amazing, bless him but I need to snap out of it.

Has anyone else gone through this?

somewhatavoidant Tue 25-Feb-14 22:01:03

Bitch peas, sounds to me like general anxiety. It doesn't make sense on one hand cos everything on paper is tickety boo but maybe the past has it's legacy and it's a hard one to shake. Let yourself relax & enjoy what you have now, your fab partner and healthy son. Worry steals the joy out of life. Everything is good right now, enjoy every minute. Don't waste the good moments by worrying your way through them. Could be time to to take a deep breath and start really appreciating all the good things you have and deserve to have.

Hello bitch

I've just posted this to another thread about anxiety. This is a series of google hangouts by coaches, psychologists and psychiatrists about social anxiety but what they're talking about here works for any other kind of anxiety: www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuvygU1YxKg6OJ20ys9U0Q/videos?shelf_id=4&live_view=503&view=2&sort=dd?=SAIO

I'm a coach and have used this methodology for clients with all the same kind of issues you're experiencing. You can read more about it here: threeprinciplesblog.com/new-start-here/

Life can be so much easier than it's feeling for you at the moment. I hope this helps.

I haven't had a chance to listen to this myself yet but the woman speaking is very experienced in this field so it's probably very helpful!

'Is Anxiety Just A Simple Misunderstanding?... One Woman's Story' www.blogtalkradio.com/icecream4thesoul/2014/02/26/is-anxiety-just-a-simple-misunderstanding-one-womans-story

Milkmachinemadness Tue 04-Mar-14 22:01:28

This so sounds like me. Health anxiety has been one of my main problems but I also worry about everything , I can't go and speak to my boss about something at work as it makes me feel sick thinking about it. I also hate requesting holidays cause I think what of someone does my job better whilst I'm away and they sack me? I a aid social gatherings as I hate uncomfortable questions and panic when people are all looking at me , the list just goes on and on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now