Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram- side effects already?

(29 Posts)
alicemac83 Fri 10-Jan-14 09:57:17

Hi, I was prescribed 20mg citalopram yesterday and took my first tablet at work. Within an hour I was feeling spaced out, dizzy, hot etc so I came home. I took my second this morning and I feel quite shaky, dry mouth, fast heart beat. I also struggled to sleep last night. Is this normal, I feel like I'm going mad! X

alicemac83 Tue 14-Jan-14 11:10:22

Hey, I'm very up and down, yesterday I felt suicidal but today I'm on an even keel and even feeling quite positive. I'm on day 6 of citalopram, could it possibly be having an effect already?
Xxx

Sparklingbrook Tue 14-Jan-14 11:51:54

Very possibly alice. I was very up and down to start with. I kept thinking about how I was feeling too. Hang on on there. x

alicemac83 Tue 14-Jan-14 11:59:59

That's the problem isn't it, you can't properly enjoy feeling good because you 're terrified of feeling bad again! Trying my best to stay positive today, and fingers crossed tomorrow is the same... Xx

Sparklingbrook Tue 14-Jan-14 12:03:38

yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is that very soon you won't be thinking about how you feel every minute. You will be getting on with stuff you never thought possible. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now