Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Setraline side effects

(8 Posts)
marissab Wed 08-Jan-14 16:18:33

Did anyone have extreme sude effects with this med? I took my very first tablet on saturday and within an hour i was so monged out i couldn't get up off the sofa. Good job hubby was home for the kids. By tea i felt better but went to bed early. At 2 am i woke with sweats and shaking as if i was having withdrawl symptoms. I was awake hours. Needless to say i didn't take any more but i'm now finding my appetite has gone completely. Feel very ill hmm

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Wed 08-Jan-14 16:42:09

I was on them for 4 weeks but had to stop as I had no appetite at all, I also yawned a lot when I first took them

FerrisBueller1972 Wed 08-Jan-14 16:44:09

At first the sent me a little jittery and I had to be doing something all the time. Appetite also went. Sadly the appetite has returned and I tend to have a permanent headache since they increased dosage a couple of months ago.

FerrisBueller1972 Wed 08-Jan-14 16:44:45

I remembered having sweats too. It does pass but it's not pleasant

marissab Wed 08-Jan-14 16:48:10

Gonna ask doctor tommorow about having half a tablet perhaps. Instead of a full. I am really light headed coz i forgot to eat anything till 2 o clock when i forced a biscuit down hmm

Cherrypi Thu 09-Jan-14 18:50:13

Does it make you broody?

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 09-Jan-14 19:16:00

Don't know about broody but my psych told me you may orgasm more when taking them hmm blush

I had no reply to that tbh

Not100percent Sat 11-Jan-14 12:35:46

I've been taking sertraline for nearly 2 weeks now and I haven't been able to have an orgasm since. Come close, but no cigar sad

Will this wear off? Anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now