Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

not sure if i can hold on muc longer

(18 Posts)
lolaisafuckertoo Sat 28-Dec-13 20:14:28

nothing makes much sense at the moment in honesty. not as unhinged as I was earlier but I just feel physically beaten to shit. I hurt all over. the waves of despair are not so frequent. just very hard at the moment. am not keen on psych docs. but if things are at such a stage I have no choice.

atomicyoghurt Sat 28-Dec-13 20:01:35

Don't feel bad for worrying people! We just are hère if you need to chat. What a shit Christmas for you! Hope you feel better soon.

lolaisafuckertoo Sat 28-Dec-13 19:18:15

things have calmed down a bit. the paranoid things have cleared though it took a bit. am trying to find a new psychiatrist here. I am so sorry to have worried everyone. I really am. went to the er. got sme meds.

atomicyoghurt Fri 27-Dec-13 13:53:32

Thinking of you today Lola hope all is OK x

Golddigger Fri 27-Dec-13 10:29:13

How are you feeling today op?

goinggreyagain Thu 26-Dec-13 22:33:54

Lola I am in the US (east coast) . Do you live here or are you on holiday ?

Golddigger Thu 26-Dec-13 22:25:12
scottishmummy Thu 26-Dec-13 20:05:57

When you dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you are calling the crisis center in the Lifeline network closest to your location. After you call, you will hear a message saying you have reached the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You will hear hold music while your call is being routed. You will be helped by a skilled, trained crisis worker who will listen to your problems and will tell you about mental health services in your area. Your call is confidential and free.

thedyingswan Thu 26-Dec-13 20:05:22

Do you have problems with your dh that would cause how you feel?

scottishmummy Thu 26-Dec-13 19:56:40

Call 1-800-273-8255, they will be able to talk to you,and possibly tell you what's available locally
If you go to local hospital a&e (er) they'll have psychiatric staff who'll see you
Call 911 for emergency services.
Your dh insurance should cover

Is this 1st time you've experienced feeling like this,or has this happened before Lola? Take care and tell someone how you're feeling

Golddigger Thu 26-Dec-13 19:33:41

I have asked over on the living overseas board for help in what you should do.

Golddigger Thu 26-Dec-13 16:23:53

You sound very unwell. I dont know if you realise that.
You need to get some medical help as soon as possible.
I think, if it is all right with you, [and if I dont have time, which I know sounds bad, but I am busy at the moment, so could sommeone else please], ask what the op needs to do on the living overseas board. There are some Anericans on this site. Thanks.

atomicYuleLoghurt Thu 26-Dec-13 15:40:14

Lola please talk to your husband. Tell him something is seriously not OK and you need to see a Dr. Are you on holiday? Do you have some insurance?

lolaisafuckertoo Thu 26-Dec-13 14:36:15

this is a first. we are in America. I don't know how to find help

atomicYuleLoghurt Thu 26-Dec-13 12:31:01

Lola have you spoken to your dh about this? You need to do that and make it clear you need help. Have you experienced anything like this before?

You sound like you still have the self awareness to realise that things are not OK so please speak to your dh now while you still can.

Golddigger Thu 26-Dec-13 12:27:40

Do you both speak the language?

Jellymum1 Thu 26-Dec-13 12:26:25

Sorry you feel like this lola. Sending strength. Can you go on line and contact the samaritans? Do you live overseas? X

lolaisafuckertoo Thu 26-Dec-13 12:10:09

I have been crying on and off for about four days now. we are over seas and don't know how to find any help. I feel like shit. I keep crying and thinking my husband is doing things to me. hiding things and trying to get rid of me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now