Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Banishing the winter blues, warming each other up in The Village

(999 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Fri 20-Dec-13 21:52:55

Err, we need a new thread guys - I know this is Vicar's job so i hope you like the name.

This thread is a support group for those with mental health issues and generally feeling crap, some of us are on medication, some of us have help.

So come on in, grab a stool at the pub, the fires warm and the welcome is warmer - stay a while or move right on in!

All welcome

Ha! im not very good at this!

LEMmingaround Mon 03-Mar-14 21:31:38

link to new thread

TAC, my mum doesn't trust her GP at all sadly, which has been part of the problem. Am hoping she has had enough recent wake up calls to start paying attention.

TemperamentalAroundCorvids Mon 03-Mar-14 21:23:55

LEM would it help to say to your DM something along the lines of "the Doctor says you must take these for (six) weeks at least" ie might she respect his authority (even though only mentioned by you) more than she respects you? am I advising cunning?

Khimaira Mon 03-Mar-14 21:08:55

Glad to hear your DD is ok lem

About this time of night, two years ago, I told myself I had to accept that I was pregnant and try to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and that it might not be as bad as I thought it would be to have a girl instead of hating that I was pg, hating everything to do with the baby and hating the fact that I was to have a daughter. It seems such a long time ago, even though i don't actually remember most of what has happened in the past year or so. It's a blank confused

Hope you have a good sleep DD

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:43:57

lem a second vote for the title here! Glad ur DD is doing ok smile

Sleep is for weaklings ciq grin I remember a saying like that hmm but Thanku I hope I get some tonight or I'll be climbing the walls tomorrow sad

SnowyMouse Mon 03-Mar-14 20:39:52

I'm going to bed soon, DD and CIQ, not great but tomorrow may be better.

Have some good 'me time', CIQ.

Sounds a good title LEM

*lem that's a lovely title - go for it.

grin that your mum asked for more diazepam. Really hope she can last out on the mirt. Did her gp warn her about the first couple of weeks?

Really glad to hear your DD is ok.

dd hope you get a good night sleep.

snowy what are you up to now?

Mine are finally in bed. Dh away with work. DD has a really heavy cold and is asking to stay home tomorrow, but tbh I really need her to go to school and not to be here - that's not very nice, but I need the space.

Sofa and dinner and tv.....

LEMmingaround Mon 03-Mar-14 20:04:47

Gosh, im not very good at thinking up titles. How about "putting the SPRING back in our step - village support for depression and anxiety"? Any other ideas?

I am just hoping the side effects don't put my mum of taking the mirtazipine, i am stunned that she has actually agreed to take them - to be honest, i think she feels really shit and is getting a bit desperate. That and i think she quite liked how she felt on the diazepam as she asked for more of those shock Will see tomorrow i suppose - if she takes them. I hope so, i can't be supportive really.

Thankfully DD seemed unaffected by the event at school, i think they are handling it well/carefully, she didn't want to tell me about her day which she sometimes does if things haven't been great. I asked her if she had anything she wanted to talk about, she thought for a bit and skipped off down the road. As i said, not directly affected but i know that there will have been many tears shed today and was worried this would upset DD.

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:04:25

DD luks sleepy so may go to bed soon I hope.... I'm thinking of distracting myself with some music tonight as have been watching tv all day so don't fancy doing that again. Think it'll b hard to concentrate.

snowy can u watch a big of tv for distraction maybe?

SnowyMouse Mon 03-Mar-14 19:17:36

I'm not so good hmm Maybe tomorrow will be better.

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 18:57:32

Me too snowy how are you tonight? X

SnowyMouse Mon 03-Mar-14 18:46:01

I hope tomorrow is a better day smile

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 18:39:56

Chores didn't happen it's been a day of laying on sofa in front of telly sad Just given DD her dinner & now counting the hours to sleep sad sad sad

SnowyMouse Mon 03-Mar-14 18:19:06

Good luck with the essay onthehill I hope your DD isn't too upset, LEM

How are all the chores/housework going?

I'm going to try to ring CMHT tomorrow, my CPN is off and I haven't heard from anyone.

(((hugs))) lem really hope the mirtazipine helps your mum and your dd isn't too upset.

onthehill make sure you take care of you too.

My head is weird today. Have got stuff done inc some decorating, would normally get some pleasure from that/sense of achievement, but not today, feel rather rubbish.

lem any chance you can think of a spring-time title?

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:00:53

((( lem ))) sorry ur DD is going to be effected by something at school sad at least ur mum is getting some help now - it's a step on the right direction smile hope day goes better daffodil

LEMmingaround Mon 03-Mar-14 12:55:52

Feeling very sad today - something happened at DD's school - doesn't affect DD directly but she will be upset.

My mum has just been given mirtazipine 15mg, i hope she takes them but i am worried about side effects because my mum wont be able to understand the whole bit about feeling worse before you feel better. We shall see.

Other than that hmm not doing too bad

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:30:35

hmm just noticed we need a new thread soon!!!

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:29:38

((( onthehill ))) it's really nice of u to offer support with the essay hanging over ur head. I'm sure u will gather the motivation to get it done smile brew sound like a good idea but offload away that's what we're all here for wink

onthehill Mon 03-Mar-14 12:18:36

daffodil biscuit daffodil biscuit

Morning all
Well done on resisting the sofa! I have to write 2000 word essay , due in tomorrow, haven't done the reading yet blush so if anyone musters any motivation can you wing some over to me.

Sorry to hear you've all had bad times. Khimaira, sounds really full on in your house, hope it all goes okay.

LEM, sounds positive with your dh?

Went to party on Saturday night, ended up taking my friend home because she is having a terrible wobble, v bad self harming. Left my dh to burn up the dance floor with my two best mates. My wobbly friend is coming round in a bit, she needs lots of support. Deep breath. Am now avoiding one to ones with friends cos everyone seems to need to offload! So I am offloading on you guys now, and I'm so sorry. Feel like Im walking along a cliff edge.

Kisses to you all. The sun in shining, my kids are all lovely. I will make a brew and shuttup xx

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:11:17

ciq
Like u I haven't got the motivation today so have just done a quick sweep of the house to make it look tidy grin

DD will be off to nursery in 30 mins then I need to go Dr's to get remainder of my Diazepam sad it's a bit annoying to have to keep running to Dr's for it!

Hope u get some of the work u need to do done ciq

How is everyone else doing? daffodil daffodil daffodil

morning dd seriously struggling to find any motivation at all this morning. Well I haven't found any, but am forcing myself to stay off the sofa.

Good luck with the chores!

DumDum32 Mon 03-Mar-14 09:42:32

Morning ciq I've just sat down with the morning brew 5 mins to myself before house chores start smile

Morning all.
Made the mistake of sitting on the sofa after the school run... need to surgically detach myself I think and paint ds bedroom wall... then cleaning... and then back to sofa! One, two, three

DumDum32 Sun 02-Mar-14 19:12:47

daffodil

Awful night last night but been a busy day thankfully & passed by quite quickly I must say now the evening is dragging a bit. DD is plonked in front of computer & happily watching her cartoons. I'm gonna make myself watch some tv series called "breaking bad" (us drama) suppose to be really good will let U guys how I get on with it. Will b having a zopiclone tonight as need some sleep!

Waves to all hope the day has gone well & evening goes well too smile daffodil daffodil daffodil

SnowyMouse Sun 02-Mar-14 18:32:34

daffodil

I've had a quiet day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now