Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Banishing the winter blues, warming each other up in The Village

(999 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Fri 20-Dec-13 21:52:55

Err, we need a new thread guys - I know this is Vicar's job so i hope you like the name.

This thread is a support group for those with mental health issues and generally feeling crap, some of us are on medication, some of us have help.

So come on in, grab a stool at the pub, the fires warm and the welcome is warmer - stay a while or move right on in!

All welcome

Ha! im not very good at this!

Thanks lem.

Hi queenofknickers and vampirerabbit and welcome. Pull up a chair/blanket whatever and make yourselves at home.

Marking place. Good day but knackering so off to bed...

take care all x

Struggling tonight - we've had visitors and lots of talking about my Granddad, which is good, because it means he isn't being forgotten.

But it's made me realise just how much I miss him, and just how hard Wednesday is going to be sad

<cries>

Queenofknickers Sat 21-Dec-13 22:33:21

Oh Lollipop - big hugs to you. He must have been very special. How lucky to be loved so much thanksthanks

I live with mum, gran and uncle - and granddad when he was with us. So I'm constantly reminded he's not here. It's a bit rubbish.

However, I've got a nice day planned tomorrow, then a bit of a manic one on Monday, before winding down for Christmas smile

Queenofknickers Sat 21-Dec-13 22:57:34

That's a LOT rubbish (((((violet))))). I lost my DGD this year too and I really feel for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DumDum32 Sun 22-Dec-13 09:08:07

Oh sorry to hear that ((((violet)))) & (((queen))). Hope today has started a bit better for u both thanks

I've got a rubbish cold so want to stay in bed bit little one is up & about so no such luck. Lempsip for me all day today fsad

Hope everyone has a better day today fsmile

Today will be nice - seeing some friends then off to the ice hockey smile

The friend I'm going to see has a 2 year old DS - he said "LV?" and when I responded said, "Love you" completely spontaneously to me for the first time on Monday grin

There was a puddle of goo where my heart used to be - it melted!

hoochymama1 Sun 22-Dec-13 11:03:22

Hope you do ok today DD32 lots of brew and cake, stay warm.

That's so lovely, lollipop smile I miss my mum and dad too,
it's sad isn't it?

Feel a bit better today hmm

Ooo, lots of love to all smile just off to walk along the river. That's not a metaphor, by the way grin

DumDum32 Sun 22-Dec-13 12:51:28

Awwwieee violet that's so sweet fsmile

Thanks hoochy enjoy the walk fsmile

My carer just been had a much needed shower, all clean now fgrin & have had lots of warm brew & cake

SnowyMouse Sun 22-Dec-13 13:02:38

(((violet))) (((queen))) (((all)))
I've got a busy day tomorrow too, hope I wake up in time, got to wait in for a repair. fhmm

Queenofknickers Sun 22-Dec-13 13:34:43

Feeling sad as DH and DCs are all off to champagne and carols with all our friends. Was meant to be hosting an after party but cancelled it in the circumstances. Feeling like a failure for not being able to go. Hate this illness.

OnDasherrorOnDancerror Sun 22-Dec-13 13:42:23

Popping in on new thread. I have a stinking cold, 2nd one this season, and daily headaches and nausea thanks to my fluoxetine. I have to go back to the docs the day after boxing day before my prescription runs out. Feeling a bit sorry for myself but determined to stick it out.

Aww Lollipop, toddlers saying they love you is one of the sweetest things in the world!

Queenofknickers Sun 22-Dec-13 14:18:50

OnDasher if you can handle the first few weeks on fluoxetine I have found it really effective in the past (laughs hollowly as currently ill). I have taken it for 20 years (OMG) and it has worked when other things haven't. Good luck thanks

hoochymama1 Sun 22-Dec-13 15:59:07

Don't feel a failure, QoN the main thing is that your home with them, and getting better.

Ondasher hope you feel a bit better..

Hope it goes ok tomorrow Snowy, good to get stuff repaired. I organized a new bulb on my car last week and felt incredibly proud of myself!

Lovely walk, beautiful out there.

SnowyMouse Sun 22-Dec-13 20:26:59

It would be better if I knew what time they are coming, but they only specify the day. I'm skipping my meds tonight so I'll be awake tomorrow.

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 08:13:09

Up at stupid hour, grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 08:27:52

snowy hope last night went ok & today goes well x

jinglebellsarecoming Mon 23-Dec-13 09:17:08

Hello all. Not sure if I should post as not coping and you all seem to have some determination to get on and through. I can't find mine. 2nd day of increased dose of sertraline- I wonder if that's making me feel worse?

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 09:24:13

jingle it's a support thread for all no matter what stage you are at personally. U can post no matter what so pls don't feel bad. From my experience increasing dose is like starting afresh again so I have no doubt that is what is causing u to feel this way! Keep posting if that helps as the ladies are great support on here.

jinglebellsarecoming Mon 23-Dec-13 09:29:46

Thank you for your kind words Dum.

I don't know what to write. I just want to feel better! If only it were that easy! But being here on the thread does help so that's a positive.

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 09:40:10

Just lurk if u want to jingle as that's what I did for a while when I was really unwell. It really did help reading positive things on here fsmile ❤️

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Mon 23-Dec-13 09:57:00

jinglebells - dumdum is right, i found it similar when i upped my dose of citalopram and had to be given diazepam for a short time to make me feel even remotely human. But it passes - I get the impression (from those on this thread) that sertraline is a bit pants when you first start but after that is is really effective, have thought about switching but the citalopram seems to be doing its job most of the time

My mother is stressing me out what a surprise. She insisted on coming with us to do our last bit of present shopping yesterday but couldn't manage due to her back and we had to cut the visit short (like i am not on limited time now anyway - grrrrr). Please tell me im not the only one who hasn't done any grocery shopping and house is a pigsty? DP working today and DD not wanting to go out but i have to go and try and get what i had planned to get yesterday - my mum rang wanting me to go to the town with her but I had to say no. DP was supposed to be taking her to the osteoporosis clinic today but she wont go - she says she can manage - err no - she thinks I can manage and do everything for her all the time, I think she is being incredibly selfish - i could see she was in agony yesterday but she is doing it to prove a point - apparently the doctors shouldn't have left her so long so she is going to show them!! hmm She can't play the martyr if she goes and gets it sorted out. Sorry - self indulgant rant!

Oh an i think im going down with the cold that DP has had for the last three weeks <prays - Just a few more days, pleeeaaaase>

Sorry not responded to anyone really - I find it hard to read thread when my anxiety is high but love and hugs to all x

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 10:04:50

lem snap on the grocery shopping & house being a pigsty! I'm not even bothered fgrin

Already got the horrid c

DumDum32 Mon 23-Dec-13 10:07:55

Oops posted too soon

already have the horrid cold fsad so understand y u don't want it.... Sorry about ur mum doesn't sound v.helpful fsad
Hope u get through ur day fsmile

SnowyMouse Mon 23-Dec-13 10:33:51

Good luck with all the grocery shopping, I'm going away Christmas day and boxing day.

It's nice to be feeling awake fsmile I hope they come soon though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now