Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

doing much better on mirrzapine

(2 Posts)
silvermirror Tue 17-Dec-13 09:39:56

It's been just over a week and I'm doing much better on 15mg of mirtazapine at night, the first few days I was knocked out but iv got my mojo back, I sleep so much better, after an hour of taking it I can't keep my eyes awake, I sleep rightthrough the night and if iv gone to bed early I get upto 11hrs sleep, giving me lots of energy the next day, iv been doing lots of walking and I am watching my calories as yu can put on weight with this as it increases yr appitite, I personally haven't felt that.

I really was reluctant going on this AD but after researching other ADs both me and my Gp agreed this was the best option for me, the Diazepam I was becoming very irritable and angry, and there only for crisis, since taking mirtazapine I have calmed down a lot.

I decided to reinstate the risperidone too so I have a combo to combat my moods and hypervigilance and the two seem to be working well together.

I am due to go on a mega healthy diet after Christmas so I let u know how my weight goes.

Anyway just an up date about my medication.

Megbeth Tue 17-Dec-13 12:41:58

This med works really well but the weight gain is the main side effect as well as the tiredness. I was only on it for 10 days. I felt really good & slept well but I found the tiredness the next day too much as I had a new baby. I craved jelly babies & biscuits so I could see how you could put on weight. I had a major mood crash & it made my depression worse so I had to stop it. I hope you continue to do well on it. It's very good for anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now