Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please can anyone help? I am desperate

(4 Posts)
CocktailQueen Sun 15-Dec-13 23:57:16

Thanks, smidge. Think i will make a gp spot, and will also look at the books you recommended. Xx

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 15-Dec-13 23:48:15

*emetophobia

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 15-Dec-13 23:48:00

Hi, no experiences with enetophobia specifically, but have general anxiety disorder and lots of the feelings you describe ring true for me. I've had cbt which did help, but have also found medication has made a massive difference. Did you get your cbt referral via your GP? I am wondering if it would be worth you talking to them about medication maybe whilst on the waiting list or to run alongside it. I have been prescribed Citalopram & fluoxetine in the past, both of which worked well.
There is a great series of self help workbooks (based on cbt) which were recommended to me and which I am using currently. The title of mine is Overcoming Worry but there's also one called Overcoming Anxiety and a no. of others.
Thinking of you
thanks

CocktailQueen Sun 15-Dec-13 22:01:52

I have emetophobia and general anxiety. It's getting worse and worse. I can't stop thinking about what if the kids are sick? I can't enjoy anything.

This weekend we were at a Xmas fayre and we had lunch at a stall there. I couldn't eat mine in case it hadn't been cooked properly and I'd be sick. This eve dh cooked tea and I worried he'd cooked it properly.

On Friday eve DS said he felt sick. I was instantly in a panic and spent the evening feeling sick myself, my tummy churning, heart racing, and have not eaten all weekend. Tonight have gad wine and is the first time I felt relaxed all weekend.

Am on the waiting list for cbt for emetophobia but am dreading this last week at school. Feel sure both dc will catch sick bugs and we will all be ill. I can't stand it. Does anyone take pills for anxiety? Do they work? What else can I do to help myself? Please, anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now