Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dh and his moods

(5 Posts)
TinselTaTas Sun 15-Dec-13 12:55:00

Moving my post here from AIBU.

My dh seems such a misery at present never shows any kind of happiness is often moody and lately generally hard work.

He never used to be like this, we had a chat and 6 months ago he went to the Dr who gave him mild anti depressants, very quickly I saw a change he was happier animated slept better and our sex life picked up.

Recently he's gone back to his moody self, no sex life no happy moments, he went back to dr who said she was happy with the prescription he has and no change needed and he accepted that.

I am not an unhappy person, we have a good life and I am starting to struggle with his ever changing moods.

Have attempted conversations with him they end up in rows and then he won't talk, I've been both understanding and fed up he's seen every aspect of me, I feel like I don't know him anymore, it has to be his choice to see the dr again or to address the issue of his unhappiness. It frustrating because not so long ago we were having sessions with relate to help us communicate better, it's like he's forgotten everything that was talked about.

I can't tell him what to do, he sees nothing wrong says he's fine..so that makes me unreasonable right?

knickernicker Sun 15-Dec-13 12:58:17

When he was happier, did he explain what had been triggering the moods?

TinselTaTas Sun 15-Dec-13 13:03:57

There was no recognition from him he was happier, he says nothing is wrong he has no reason to feel unhappy and is fine.

Glenshee Sun 15-Dec-13 23:02:42

How to Survive When They are Depressed is written based on contributions from people attending support groups for those living with depressed family members. It has some good points.

One common theme amongst people who are affected by the depression of someone close to them, is that they are confused, lack clarity about what is happening and think that: 1) nothing I do is right; 2) nothing that I do is enough.

They also often display depression symptoms without actually being depressed on a physical/biological level.

Have you considered counseling for yourself?

Glenshee Sun 15-Dec-13 23:03:58

"I can't tell him what to do, he sees nothing wrong says he's fine."

Actions speak louder than words.

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now