Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone take Sertraline? And how does it make you feel?

(3 Posts)
Mosschops30 Sat 14-Dec-13 11:43:43

I've taken it for a while for PTSD it's been really good, no side effects and certainly doesn't make me feel numb, in fact it let's me feel all my emotions normally.
I did come off then but felt so awful that after 3 months I went back on them.
I'm quite happy to stay on them, they work for me
Good luck smile

teawomen Sat 14-Dec-13 10:57:51

Hi. Anxiety is the pits. I too suffer with panic attacks and anxiety.
Was first started on fluoxetine which made me depressed (never been depressed before) anyway doctor prescribed sertraline. It's worked magic on my life. I'm now back to work. Enjoy taking dd to playgroup and soft play which before sertraline I dreaded or avoided. I dreaded the thought of Christmas but can say im 80% on road to feeling mormal. It has somehow help my panic attacks subside. My thought process still needs work however I am getting counselling which I think is a must. When my period is due I do get feeling of panic have, just been increased to 100 from 50 to see if it helps. But so far so good think it's been about 10 weeks now and I'm a different person. Good luck. I didn't get many side effects because I swapped straight from fluoxetine which was horrific. Maybe someone else may help with that x

TrueWorrier Sat 14-Dec-13 09:21:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now