Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Work!

(5 Posts)
teawomen Sat 16-Nov-13 07:15:16

Hi thanks for replying. Yes I'm planning on a phases return in a couple weeks that's my goal date. Light duties and fewer hours. Did yous manage ok once at work?

milkysmum Fri 15-Nov-13 18:58:19

It's difficult to get the balance between giving yourself time at home and avoiding going back for fear of the stress/anxiety getting worse. How long have you been off? Is a phased return an option?

peachypips Fri 15-Nov-13 18:56:49

I found that I had to wait until I felt able to go back. So I was not fully recovered but about 3/4 of the way there.

I felt very anxious going back, but then when I got used to it again the anxiety settled down. Travelling to work was the worst bit; when I got there I was fine.

Just push through the journey in, make yourself a cuppa as soon as you get there and you'll be fine xx

Dancingqueen17 Fri 15-Nov-13 18:54:36

Afraid can't offer any advice but am in exact same place, I want to go back next week, I just need normality, work and docs think I should take my time, so frustrating.

teawomen Thu 14-Nov-13 12:51:37

I'm currently on sick from work with anxiety. I am starting to feel better in myself except the last two days which have been quite testing for me. However I'm trying not to let that get me down. My sicknote runs out and I'm due to ring doctor for another however I'm wondering if being off is doing more damage than good! Anyone felt like this before and did you go bck? Really unsure of what to do. I work two days a week as a support worker and it can be stressful. Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now