Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

worried I took my citralopram twice tonight - do i need to panic?

(8 Posts)
butteredfly Tue 12-Nov-13 23:00:32

I probably didn't anyway, but if i did it means i took 60mg instead of 30mg. Do i need to ring the doctor or anything??

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Tue 12-Nov-13 23:10:45

no, IMO you don't before they changed the rules on dosage I used to take 60mg every day for 2 years.

Tomorrow if it were me I would take 20 instead of 30 and the same again the day after but go back to normal the day after.

I have NO medical training just personal anecdotal experience so if it would make you feel calmer then call your local Out of Hours number.

Hope you are ok.

ExcuseTypos Tue 12-Nov-13 23:23:07

I too think you will be ok. However I don't think you should take any tomorrow. I read that it stays in your system for 36 hours, so I'd miss tomorrow's dose and then maybe take half a dose on thurs morning and then half in the evening. Then carry on as normal.

I also have no medical training and I think I would maybe call out of hours just for reassurance.

butteredfly Wed 13-Nov-13 21:12:49

THanks both so much. I found a doc on google who said same as you two. I'll take 20 tonight - feel fine today. Need to get a better system to keep track although that's the first time I've felt mixed up about it!

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Wed 13-Nov-13 22:53:55

I take mine as the last thing I do before I turn off the light each night.
But there have been nights that I have forgotten, I think because it is quite a long acting drug you can make small mistakes without it being a tradgedy.
Hope you are feeling ok.

My GP told me not to take at night. I have mine with breakfast.
I agree with Never you should be fine.

I am starting a second attempt at coming off them. <wibble>

Trooperslane Thu 14-Nov-13 08:33:58

You'll be fine. Def call the doc re dosage for next day.

MaryShelley Thu 14-Nov-13 09:28:25

I use a simple one week pill box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now