Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can the psychiatrist do this?

(28 Posts)
Crawling Sun 10-Nov-13 08:14:36

He told me if I stop taking my meds again he will discharge me. Can he do this? He also shouted at me is there anyway I can change doctors?

I really don't like him he makes judgements regarding my hypersexuality and my choice of male friends. He also told me off for going to crisis when my appointment was only a week away. He told me off for drinking and smoking and all this when he knew I was feeling suicidal.

Crawling Tue 12-Nov-13 05:22:33

Lara you are right it is the depakote/epilim similarity the fact that they are both sodium based and it's the sodium which has caused me to be nearly bald.

larahusky Tue 12-Nov-13 14:07:01

Could you ask him (if you are seeing him again soon) if there is anything else you can try in its place? Perhaps you have tried everything else?

A long time ago I had a very bullying psychiatrist but I thought they were a thing of the past because all the ones I have seen recently have been so nice.

Mirages Wed 13-Nov-13 10:05:34

My psych was ok me stopping depakote for the same reason.

One psych got angry at me, when I had taken od. That was weird. Luckily I moved and got a better one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now