Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

The worry that it's not anxiety/depression

(26 Posts)
Milkhell Thu 07-Nov-13 14:41:12

I've been battling 'something' since the birth of my son 2.5 years ago. I've been told time and time again that it's anxiety, even by an NHS psychiatrist.

I've had a DD since who is now 7mo and I've been even worse and had a couple of nervous breakdown (outdated term I know).

Anyway my health anxiety is a particular issue and I can't accept that this feeling which takes so many different forms is anxiety, which fuels it further. I'm convinced there is 'something wrong' with my brain - brain tumour, cognitive decline, brain damage. Something.

I know this sounds silly but it's debilitating. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Milkhell Tue 12-Nov-13 16:02:39

Oooh good luck there!!!! Hope all went really well!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now