Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I seem to be in a slump at the moment. Can't be bothered to do anything. Lying in bed.

(3 Posts)
kim147 Sun 27-Oct-13 16:19:28

Ex is away with DS for 5 days. I've hardly done anything this weekend. Still in pyjamas. I've spent a lot of time just lying in bed. I've been on anti depressants for a month now and don't know if this is some kind of side effect.

My harmful thoughts have gone but I've still got some real negative emotions about something I should have done years ago but never did. I'm transgendered and should have come out years ago. I try and avoid articles about young transwomen but there was one today and it just fills me with regret.

I just feel so apathetic at the moment.

TotallyAddictedToLurking Sun 27-Oct-13 16:22:31

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.

Sometimes I find it helpful to accept that I'm not going to do anything. I've slept for 16 hours and I'm still in bed. I won't beat myself up because I know my meds (anti psych) make it very hard for me.

I just wanted you to know you're not alone when it comes to feeling yuk and not doing anything.

AdmiralData Mon 28-Oct-13 21:09:36

Op, I am not sure what advice if any I can give, except to say that you are not alone. I am on medication for severe anxiety and it makes me totally lethargic. I have an obsessive need to clean constantly but with my 7 month old baby it is impossible and leaves me feeling eurgh too. I know how you feel and like totally just want you to know that there are others out there who can empathise with you. Don't blame yourself for how you feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now