Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Hormonal

(5 Posts)
underthemountain Wed 16-Oct-13 14:38:59

I think it is hormonal. I am pretty crap at life anyhow but today I am feeling full on despair. I'm cold and it's very bleak outside. Seem to have almost completely alienated myself. Not sure I'll ever be able to get a job again. Lonely. Homesick. Useless.

But i think the hormones just top everything off quite nicely and make everything seem insurmountable.

cjel Wed 16-Oct-13 16:43:48

It definitely could be, I have one week a month when I cry! If happy,sad cold, hot, tired, if someones nice to me if someones not nice to me - I cry!! Its always the week after my period!!

Can you mark it on the calendar I dp and people around me know 'its just my tearful week' and leave me to it. Like you I can always find a reason in life for it but I know its really hormonal..Its miserable

cupcake78 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:50:29

I have terrible pmt! I get the rage to full on black cloud can't get out of bad depression. Its rubbish!

underthemountain Wed 16-Oct-13 18:11:46

Thanks for the replies, the worst of it has lifted now. Hormones really are the pits aren't they? Even knowing the cause doesn't help when in the middle of it-apart from being able to warn people.

cjel Wed 16-Oct-13 18:27:33

glad its on the way out again. I have found that as long as I am aware of it, I make efforts to go with the flow and find I don't extend it because I know it will end if that makes any sense? But sometimes I really think its a long depression again so wallow in misery instead of thinking hormones!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now