Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help... Falling in the pit again

(7 Posts)
superlambanana Wed 02-Oct-13 22:21:54

I was doing so well. Now I can't remember how to get out. I feel horrendous. I can't concentrate on anything and just keep crying. hmm I hate feeling like this.

superlambanana Wed 02-Oct-13 22:22:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FavoriteThings Thu 03-Oct-13 22:15:15

Have you seen the GP?

superlambanana Thu 03-Oct-13 22:38:24

Yep, on the meds. It's just come out of the blue.

FavoriteThings Thu 03-Oct-13 22:42:59

How long have you been on them for? According to some on MN they can take 2 weeks to kick in.

superlambanana Fri 04-Oct-13 10:39:15

Over a year! Reduced dose a few months ago. Made some life changes and things were pretty settled. I think I always have this fear that it'll come back hanging over me so when it does it's even worse, partly because I know how it affects DH too and it's not fair on him.

FavoriteThings Fri 04-Oct-13 10:46:54

My opinion is that a marriage is a partnership. So there are times that things are rough for 1 person, but hopefully the other person will be supportive. And in life, it happens the other way around too.

As I understand it, depression can come and go. I found ignoring the feeling worked. You cant necessarily ignore the effects, but if the depression is somewhat ignored, it doesnt have such a power.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now