Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Generally feeling hassled, harrassed by my children. lonely, bored

(30 Posts)
walkbesideme Sun 22-Sep-13 16:35:22

My husband works long hours and has been at work all weekend. OI feel like I've spent the whole time doing nothig but picking crap up off the floor, hoovering, putting cushions back on the chairs, putting lids on pens, picking up tiny bits of scissored paper, making drinks, changing dvds and cooking.
And I turn around an my house still looks like crap. Does everyone feel like this?

Yes me too. I've just gone back to work too, and am a teacher, so I spend all day wrangling other people's dc, then come home to wrangle my own.
Thing is, I know in theory how to make things run more smoothly at home - it's just how do I summon up the mental energy to stick to my strategies instead of sticking them in front of the tv too often. My two are very good really, but the endless mess and daily nagging them about minor stuff gets me down after a day at work.

sweetkitty Fri 04-Oct-13 16:53:08

I'm the same it is relentless. Luckily we had a playroom built this year so all the plastic crap gets dumped in there so the living room is almost always toy free and tidy that helps a bit.

The bloody washing kills me, twice a day every day, it's not the washing it the sorting out/ironing/putting away.

Oh ikea do smaller stainless steel cutlery, mine have those now.

PeanutPatty Fri 04-Oct-13 18:39:26

Ghost I bet you are not a shit mother by any means. We all put ourselves down. Parenting can be so stressful. Your kids love you and would not want to be without you. Is there a SH support group or forum?

Sometimes I have really good days where lots has gone right and I feel in control and other days I feel really low and don't know my arse from my elbow. I do have my dog who gives me a reason to get out of the house. Change of scenery can break the cycle.

sicily1921 Fri 04-Oct-13 19:16:45

I could have written every single one of these posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being a mum is bloody hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all walking beside you OP so you have picked a good name

flowers and wine for you and heres to some 'me' time for you.

Balloonist Fri 04-Oct-13 19:27:14

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/1765025-Has-parenting-affected-your-mental-health

This is the thread mentioned upthread. I was the OP. Have name changed since.

Sorry if someone has already directed you I haven't read all the thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now