Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Scared to go outside.

(10 Posts)
FavoriteThings Fri 20-Sep-13 13:09:20

So you have seen a gp though?

Sorry to be so dim. I dont think the system we have locally is the same as yours.

meekenough Fri 20-Sep-13 12:37:53

No, not prescribed, I was told at the walk in they couldn't do that kinda thing cuz' it has to be GP led with close follow ups.

They have just sent over what I told them to my GP.

FavoriteThings Fri 20-Sep-13 12:16:30

So they have been prescribed, but you just need to pick them up?
Someone else can pick them up for you if you cant or dont want to do it yourself.

meekenough Fri 20-Sep-13 12:01:12

ok, I went to a walk inn but couldn't do the meds which is why I'm going there, so if everything is all written down well on the computer system, can I just sit down and say like, I've come for the meds I need?

nit that bluntly but YKWIM.

FavoriteThings Fri 20-Sep-13 11:54:31

If they cant do it, I do definitely think that you should contact the gp surgery

meekenough Fri 20-Sep-13 11:45:42

The main thing is getting someone to mind my eldest, I cant really go into detail about a long history of depression in front of a 4 year old can I?

or can I no , no not appropriate,

I'm going to ask my IL's today but everyone works such odd hours and with eldest not being at nursery yet its a fucking nightmare,

FavoriteThings Thu 19-Sep-13 21:12:27

Do you have someone you can leave your eldest with? Or take him/her to the waiting room, and ask reception for someone to look after him/her. You need to be able to go if you can.
Otherwise ring the surgery, and see what they suggest. I dont think you should leave it all any longer tbh.

PeanutPatty Thu 19-Sep-13 20:08:16

Could your doctor make a house call?

JamJarOfDaffs Thu 19-Sep-13 20:04:21

Sorry I hate it when a post like this goes unanswered. not sure what to suggest except maybe you could ask the doc or chemist to deliver anti-ds if you can't get out for them, then you will feel better enough to take first steps outside?

meekenough Thu 19-Sep-13 15:25:35

I posted this on the chat section, but then saw this section and decided to post here.

I have severe depression it affects my periods etc, and also makes me a tad agrophobic at times, I'm in the grips of a bout of this.
I'm pretty overweight and I get very worried about leaving the house because I'm terrified about abuse, people staring at me etc. I haven't been abused that I know of but it terrify s me, of course I know being a hermit won't do much for weight loss.
Kids have cold and its been very damp so been stuck in all week nearly anyway, the longer I'm couped up the worse it gets, its not easy getting out of where I live either.
I need to get some Anti D's but I can't take my eldest with me to go and talk about depression and I need someone to watch him I literally have no time to go, I feel desperate and helpless.
Sorry if this is gibberish I just needed to let it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now