Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

I have such a strong urge to kill myself...

(10 Posts)
Annalise345 Mon 16-Sep-13 14:45:42

I have struggled with eating disorders since I was fifteen, after recovering from anorexia I have developed bulimia...I can't do this anymore. I have sought private counselling (NHS approach was not helpful the first time round) but I am waiting for them to organise an appointment. I think it's too late though...I just want out. I don't know what to do...

ShepherdsPurse Mon 16-Sep-13 14:48:28

Call the samaritans NOW, visit A and E.
Good luck.

ShepherdsPurse Mon 16-Sep-13 14:50:39

Oh only half my post came out!

Sorry to see you are feeling like this. You need to get some professional help asap.

flamingtoaster Mon 16-Sep-13 14:58:16

So sorry you are feeling like this. Please do call the Samaritans now or attend a walk in clinic or A & E. They are all there to help.

Millie2013 Mon 16-Sep-13 20:19:16

It's not too late, I promise, but it's normal to feel like this before taking a leap of faith into therapy

NHS counsell

Millie2013 Mon 16-Sep-13 20:20:56

Duh sorry, nhs counselling didn't work for me, the only thing that has, is private psychotherapy, it's well worth it, I promise

In the meantime, please reach out for some help, as the others have said

looseleaf Mon 16-Sep-13 20:22:25

Call them now - i just looked up the Samaritans and it's 08457 90 90 90
You poor love and there are lots of us here willing you to feel better and more positive and do keep talking if it helps

Zararose88 Wed 18-Sep-13 19:58:30

Hi I have been the same as you eds all my life had sucicidal ideationsif you wanna chat im here! Luckily my work sorted appointments out for me I still have bad days. I hooe you are ok and can make orogeess xx

BiBiBroccoli Wed 18-Sep-13 20:02:59

do you have any family support?

I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling but we're all here willing to listen and support if we can. Do you have anyone with you this evening?

Nirvana99 Thu 19-Sep-13 13:43:39

i've worked with teenagers with adhd/ed and associated mental health disorders and believe me there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel.
if you can get to Birmingham Central Library, any tuesday or saturday, i'll show you how you just need the right diet and nutrition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now