Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Good anxiety books- with a 'feel the fear and do it anyway' motivational vibe??

(4 Posts)
working9while5 Wed 18-Sep-13 21:49:52

Things might go terribly, horribly wrong. No idea of author. The Users Guide to the Mind.

kerstina Tue 17-Sep-13 19:44:49

I found Don't sweat the small stuff, Self help for your nerves,Power of now, Feel the fear and do it anyway quite helpful. I will try and read the one you mention.

twentyten Sun 15-Sep-13 22:17:51

Have a look at the headspace app. Worth a try.

Somethingelsenow Sun 15-Sep-13 18:37:08

Sooo, been suffering from anxiety and panic for two years. Medication is not for me. Had a bit of CBT, not brilliant tbh. Best thing I've done is read 'At last a life' by Paul David. It is motivational in that it reminds you that it's only excess adrenaline causing the probs and to carry on etc etc and don't avoid things. Can anyone recommend anything to read along similar lines? I can feel my mood slipping which makes things ten times harder so I could do with reading something reassuring/motivating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now