Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

very panicky can't calm down

(33 Posts)
ayalil Sun 25-Aug-13 20:38:07

I am at home and feeling like i can't really breathe which I know is stupid but I am struggling to breathe properly
feel very dizzy and panicked
i think i'm just asking for some hand holding, i am so scared

ayalil Sun 25-Aug-13 22:19:36

thank you Lem you're so lovely x

ayalil Sun 25-Aug-13 22:23:47

its not getting better im scared

ayalil Mon 26-Aug-13 00:06:59

And I don't want to be here anymore I can only think about ending it

AlisonL1981 Mon 26-Aug-13 00:23:13

Hi sweetheart, Did you call the Samaritans? I just saw your post. I'm not very good with words but didnt want you to think you are on your own. Call the number. They will help you xx

ayalil Mon 26-Aug-13 00:24:03

I can't talk I can't move
I don't think I could dial

AlisonL1981 Mon 26-Aug-13 00:26:05

Where are you now? Do you still hurt? X

AlisonL1981 Mon 26-Aug-13 00:42:35

I hope your ok. Try and sleep. Thats where I'm off to before my 5 month old decides he needs feeding. If you need to talk you can call the Samaritans. I used to email them as I found typing was easier than talking. I found writing stuff down loed and they responded pretty quickly. Take care xxx

LEMisdisappointed Mon 26-Aug-13 09:30:06

Ayalil i hope you got some sleep last night and are feeling better this morning.

I think now is a good time to reach out and ask for help. It sounds like you are looking after two elderly/infirm parents and have a baby on the way. Sweetheart, you are not superwoman, you cannot do this on your own. That is not a disaster though - there is help out there. The first step is your doctor, becaue they will be able to help you directly and put you in touch with agencies to help your parents. We had to put my dad into a care home becuse he had alzheimers and my mum couldn't cope with him, he needed professional care - it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do but we couldn't provide the care he needed. I don't know what you are facing but please know that you don't have to do this alone.

Today is a new day, you had a scary time last night and its horrid, i had some awful panic attacks when i was pregnant, recognising that they are a physical thing helped me overcome them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now