Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think I'm a having a panic attack

(3 Posts)
Birdy28 Fri 23-Aug-13 20:30:19

I'm on a train.

Been going on for about 15 minutes now.

I can't seem to slow my breathing. I can't make it stop. I'm shaking.

What can I do? I can't go home like this.

I can't let my mum know I'm struggling. It will make her depression worse.

I can't go back to work next week but I need to. I can't be signed off sick. I'm waiting to hear about another job. If I am signed off sick I can't go for this other job.

I can't eat and I can't sleep at the moment.

I don't know what to do. Please help distract me.

Ujjayi Fri 23-Aug-13 20:51:15

Hi Birdy. I can be here for you. If you look on my earlier thread there is some great advice from other wonderful MNers who held my hand thru a panic attack today

How long is your journey? How do you usually cope?

Birdy28 Fri 23-Aug-13 21:18:07

Thank you.

I'm home now. I have managed to slow my breathing down a bit. My heart still feels like it is going so fast though.

I haven't had one for a long time.

I just don't know what to do. I can't fix this.

I'm scared that I will get one when I'm sleeping. My mum will be here but I can't talk to her about it and don't want her to see me like this. It would make it worse for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now