Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone who has text the Samaritans?

(9 Posts)
Sunflower1985 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:31:18

Just don't reply, trust me - you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings.
Same if you call or email. It's about you, not them.

DumDum32 Sat 24-Aug-13 21:21:20

It turns out if u have a text bundle on ur fone line then its free to text them. If ur on pay as u go then its whatever rate u pay for a normsl text msg. thankfully i have a text bundle!

maniclady Sat 24-Aug-13 04:03:54

-Oops posted too soon I'm sorry I don't know how much it costs but I really recommend texting if your struggling. I found them really helpful.

maniclady Sat 24-Aug-13 04:01:34

Im

DumDum32 Sat 24-Aug-13 00:11:05

Found the no. so no worries but doesnt say how much it cost to text?

DumDum32 Fri 23-Aug-13 23:46:56

Having real trouble tonight & want to text them but don know where to find a no. Nothing on web site! Can either of u tell me where to look?

Crawling Thu 22-Aug-13 11:33:43

Thank you and yes I found texting easier to talk about my problems.

Messupmum Thu 22-Aug-13 07:51:22

I have, and I found that hard too. I think I just used to say thanks and I was going to try to sleep now. I found texting the best way to contact them as I find it harder talking on the phone, and they always responded quite quickly.

Crawling Wed 21-Aug-13 22:11:14

How do I end a conversation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now