Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Insomnia - is it better to stay awake than have say an hour's sleep?

(9 Posts)
mirai Wed 21-Aug-13 23:37:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lemsy Tue 20-Aug-13 20:46:23

You should honour your own body clock especially as it sounds as though you really need your kip at the moment. Once the racing mind starts it's hard to switch off until exhaustion sets it. Explain to your DH and ask him to be quiet if he comes to bed later than you!

I used to get chronic sinusitis because of lack of sleep which has cleared up once sleep was sorted.

Go to bed at 10pm!

mirai Tue 20-Aug-13 00:48:14

Crawling Tue 20-Aug-13 00:00:16

I would also go for no sleep sorry your suffering so bad.

whippinpiccadilly Mon 19-Aug-13 23:58:18

I think no sleep in this case. For me its better to stay awake than wake up from a much needed sleep.

Buts that me. I expect everyone is different.

mirai Mon 19-Aug-13 23:55:00

Lemsy Mon 19-Aug-13 22:12:04

Hi op,

As a fellow insomniac i really feel for you. Tbh, no sleep or one hours sleep won't be that different. Why are you not sleeping? Are you stressed or going through a bad time? There is help out there, you don't have to suffer. The more you worry about not sleeping the worse it becomes but the cycle can be broken.

You have my sympathy...

CaptainSweatPants Mon 19-Aug-13 21:13:24

My mum always said it's better to lie there with your eyes closed because at least your body is resting & who knows you might drop off

If you've got work in the morning could you phone in sick? You must be exhausted sad

mirai Mon 19-Aug-13 20:49:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now