Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Depressed again?

(4 Posts)
Caster8 Mon 05-Aug-13 19:10:05

I cant really answer your question, but didnt want your post to be left unanswered.

Yes, I think you should see the GP.
Fluoxetine - Could you put the word into search on here, and see what comes up?
Or scroll down the mental health board, and see what is on there about it?

chasingtail Mon 05-Aug-13 19:00:49

bump ? x

chasingtail Fri 02-Aug-13 08:44:14

should add I feel exhausted most of the time & just want to drag myself off to a place where I don't have to speak or deal with anyone.

chasingtail Fri 02-Aug-13 08:40:46

Was diagnosed with PND after DD was born (5 years ago) and prescribed Fluoxetine for 2 years. T'was amazing and seemed to lift me right out of the hole I was drowning in. Within a few weeks I felt like a different woman and life had a new purpose. Eventually came off them when it felt like the meds had stopped working (can that happen?) and I generally felt able to cope with life again.

Well now I feel horrendous again & seem to have turned into the paranoid, screaming bitch from hell. I have the shortest fuse and realise I have been screaming at DH & DCs for the best part of 3 months. Poor kids, they should be enjoying the lovely summer holiday & all I seem to have done so far is shout at at them for the slightest reason. DH told me last night how vile i was being & I couldn't disagree.

I now recognise that I'm sliding down that hole again, where everything is too much effort, I feel fat & unloveable & most of all a dreadful mother/wife. There is absolutely no reason I should be feeling like this - am lucky enough to be a SAHM, lovely family, nice home, so I see that I my behaviour is totally irrational. Did put it all down to PMS but there is no break in my venom!

Am desperate to halt this behaviour; I will make an appointment to see the doctor as this can't continue but am worried about what meds he might suggest. Would Fluoxetine work again after a long break? Am also paranoid about weight gain (vain I know) as I already feel bigger than I should be.

Many thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now