Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Scared to return to where I had last panic attack

(3 Posts)
thequietone Wed 31-Jul-13 13:30:52

I think it was maybe being alone. I went to the cinema for the first time ever on my own as a treat now the children had both started at school. 3/4 through Skyfall and it kicked in.

It would be just me and the children. I get panicky just thinking about going there again in case it happened and I would have to deal with it with two children too.

ImperialBlether England Wed 31-Jul-13 12:35:15

Was it the fact you were alone in the building that gave you the panic attack, or was it something else in your life and you just happened to be there?

If you took the children there, would there be another adult with you?

thequietone Wed 31-Jul-13 12:03:25

Last November I suffered a crippling panic attack, alone, in a building in our local town. I've not returned since, and even the thought of going back in there terrifies me.

The thing is, I really want to take the children there now it's the Summer holidays. Has anyone got over such feelings, been able to control them?

Sorry, it all sounds quite vague, doesn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now