Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Citalopram

(6 Posts)
HumTiddlyTum Mon 29-Jul-13 20:33:44

Does anyone have any experience of weight gain or loss on citalopram?

I've been prescribed it for PND and am already battling the post baby bulge - the size of which is adding to my dislike of myself.

HumTiddlyTum Tue 30-Jul-13 08:04:58

Bump!

I haven't noticed any real difference in weight.

sarah115 Sat 03-Aug-13 13:21:08

Yes I experienced a bit of weight gain but I feel it is because it increased my appetite big time.

deliakate Sat 03-Aug-13 20:57:26

Helped me to lose weight I think, I stopped self medicating with chocolate/ food when my mood lifted a bit

HopeClearwater Thu 08-Aug-13 15:14:30

Initially weight loss because my previous medication made me put weight on like there was no tomorrow! I find I have to keep an eye on the sugary stuff while I'm on citalopram or I get a bit addicted... However I know some people do put weight on with the stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now