Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need to change ADs - what would NOT cause weight gain?

(6 Posts)
Grockle Sun 28-Jul-13 23:18:26

I am on so many meds I don't know if I'm coming or going. I cannot stay on my current ADs because I'm putting on weight ridiculously quickly. I don't want to be dealing with food & weight issues - it will trigger eating problems & I have enough to worry about without that.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I can't take:

Mirtazipine
Sertraline
Duloxetine
Amitriptyline

HoopHopes Sun 28-Jul-13 23:43:05

Have you tried
Prozac?
Citalopram or escitalopram?

Definitely avoid venlaflaxine if you react to sertraline or mirtazapine in my own experience.

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 00:01:32

Sertraline made me suicidal & I nearly died. I won't ever touch it.

Mirtazipine & ami make me fat.

Duloxetine gives me awful nightsweats. They were unbearable & really aggravated my sleep. Since I have chronic insomnia, I'd rather not make that worse!

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 00:02:04

NOt tried prozac or citalopram recently but many years ago.

I didn't get on with sertraline but find fluoxetine to be pretty side effect free. I also didn't mind trazodone.

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 23:24:22

Fluffy - have they had any effect on weight? I'm eating like I've never been fed before. I feel disgusting sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now