Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I need to change ADs - what would NOT cause weight gain?

(6 Posts)
Grockle Sun 28-Jul-13 23:18:26

I am on so many meds I don't know if I'm coming or going. I cannot stay on my current ADs because I'm putting on weight ridiculously quickly. I don't want to be dealing with food & weight issues - it will trigger eating problems & I have enough to worry about without that.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I can't take:

Mirtazipine
Sertraline
Duloxetine
Amitriptyline

HoopHopes Sun 28-Jul-13 23:43:05

Have you tried
Prozac?
Citalopram or escitalopram?

Definitely avoid venlaflaxine if you react to sertraline or mirtazapine in my own experience.

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 00:01:32

Sertraline made me suicidal & I nearly died. I won't ever touch it.

Mirtazipine & ami make me fat.

Duloxetine gives me awful nightsweats. They were unbearable & really aggravated my sleep. Since I have chronic insomnia, I'd rather not make that worse!

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 00:02:04

NOt tried prozac or citalopram recently but many years ago.

I didn't get on with sertraline but find fluoxetine to be pretty side effect free. I also didn't mind trazodone.

Grockle Mon 29-Jul-13 23:24:22

Fluffy - have they had any effect on weight? I'm eating like I've never been fed before. I feel disgusting sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now