Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

roll up for the village fete! move to our village if your 'fete' is to be happy!

(988 Posts)
VicarInaTutu Sat 20-Jul-13 22:17:06

6th thread folks....

keep talking/posting.

VicarInaTutu Tue 01-Oct-13 23:09:27

hello everyone,
ed so sorry to hear your news, hope the kids took it as well as can be expected.

DD sorry to read you have had a hard few days again,
ditto lem - bad days are just part of the course i think. I still have them just not so often.

snowy - sounds like you are doing ok at the minute - hope so. everyone needs a bit of respite now and then.

to everyone else, anyone i havent namechecked, anyone reading - waves and hugs

ive got a rotten ear infection at the minute and its driving me mad - im deaf in my right ear and its ringing.....last day of antibiotics tomorrow so think i need to see gp again. (and i need more sertraline)
also got my hospital appointment tomorrow for the stomach surgery.

my day was brightened though as i went to visit my puppy today - he is gorgeous. we bring him home at the end of the month, thinking we can pick him up around the 25th october. got lots planned for him and looking forward to puppy classes....it was a long trip - 4 hour round trip in all,but worth it. he melted my heart! he is so beautiful and it will be nice to have something to make me get out of bed and go walking. Little dog is on heart tablets now, she is still well but she is definitely getting on now, and i dont want to be without a dog.

will let you know what surgeon says tomorrow.....puppy is a welcome distraction just now.

bye for now - xxx to all. x

Jist a quickie. Cos I am mentally exhausted.

Dd3 sat and watched tv whilst xp was giving them the news

Dtds were distraught. They are being very clingy. As soon as they stop doing what they are doing and have nothing to distract them they burst into tears.

Dtd2 created a 'graveyard' on minecraft while I was putting dd3 in bed. Complete with headstones for grandma and grandad (who passed away last year; my family).

In other news I have a date to restart a new placement. It will be 3-4 weeks part time (including half term) followed by 7 weeks. I start in a couple of weeks.....eek.

Oh and true twin style I have been plagued by tinnitus. I think it is a side effect of the meds. It was a nightmare ocer the weekend and worse when I am stressed.

SnowyMouse England Wed 02-Oct-13 17:13:13

How was your fundo appointment, vicar ? (if I remember right...) I hope your ear infection gets cleared up soon, they can be excruciating sad

((((((All your family Ed )))))) I hope the tinnitus goes away, you don't need that on top of everything else sad

Art therapy assessment went ok, I'm starting next week. CT keep going on about risk, but as I'm anti-hospital there isn't much they can do! I'll find out more tomorrow afternoon as I've got a review between CPN and CT.

((((everyone I haven't already hugged))))

VicarInaTutu Wed 02-Oct-13 19:13:00

hi snowy - keep us posted after your review. i hope it goes well.

ive been listed for fundoplication surgery, so that will happen within the next 18 weeks. Am a bit nervous.

also been back to gp for ear - gp confirmed infection and has given me another 5 days antibiotics, also said my ear drum is very dull and drawn in which means fluid behind the ear drum - it should go but for now im totally and utterly deaf in that ear. The tinitus should go with the fluid when it eventually drains. Im back to work tomorrow but will have to not use my ear piece or ill not hear a thing.

She also rather scarily said that come feb it might be time to start to ween off the sertraline.....not keen on that idea but will see.

ed hope you are feeling better.

hugs to everyone else - not namechecking - sorry - but do need to dash off now and clean out the ratties....thats a job and a half these days.

SnowyMouse England Wed 02-Oct-13 21:58:16

Sounds like a busy week/s vicar be thinking of you.

Take care all, good night

Hi all, sat on sofa watching cbeebies with ds who has woken up poorly with laryngitis sad.

I also managed to wake up and almost faint on the way to the bathroom. Have been in bed feeling exhausted sick and headachy. Not convinced I have a bug tho, suspect its just fall-out from a really fun busy long day yesterday hmm

Hi vicar good to hear from you. Can totally understand your feelings re the sertraline, but you have come such a massive way since last year. My gp also said to plan to come off mine next spring which I'm not keen on, not least cos they do away with the week of horrendous pms each month!

Hi snowy, ed, lem, dd32, silvery, mama and everyone else

SnowyMouse England Thu 03-Oct-13 13:40:41

Poor DS and poor you, CiQ I hope it all clears up soon for both of you.

Hi all, it's a grey day

SnowyMouse England Thu 03-Oct-13 13:41:07

isn't it?

Thanks snowy yes we had half an hour of brightness but its all gone downhill from there!

LEMisdisappointed Thu 03-Oct-13 18:50:58

OMG i am SOOOOOO tired, partly due to DP (we wont go there blushgrin) but mostly down to the stress of the last week catching up on me. I am definately wading through treacle tonight. DP is going out so im doing bedtime - arggggghhhhhh, i just want my bed.

Oh poor you - I hate doing bedtime too - and seriously not fun if you're in the land of treacle. Do the minimum you can!

A treat and an early night? Hopefully that will clear up most of the fatigue from your tough week....

VicarInaTutu Fri 04-Oct-13 01:16:00

evening everyone.

snowy how did your review go? its been a wet and miserable day here too but somehow sticky and warm with it.

weird night at work. im too nice. ive attracted a stalker. long story (and boring) but i seem to attract some very odd folks.....

anyway. ear still causing me huge problems. ive just got in and walked the dog, finished DDs homework assignment and now im going to have a glass of wine and read with the ratties.

if i can keep my eyes open.....

hope the rest of you had a good day.

SnowyMouse England Fri 04-Oct-13 14:37:06

The result of the review is day hospital hmm I don't want to go.

Stalker as in fellow officer, or public? I hope your ear resolves soon sad Hope the wine was enjoyable!

How's everyone else doing?

DumDum32 Fri 04-Oct-13 17:18:22

hey all :|

not doing great wish I could disappear today :| but been with DD all day so more or less voices were switched off. I'm sooooooo tired though.

snowy - day hospital Is good I went to my local one & it did help so give it a try!

ho.pe all doing good smile big hugs to all x

SnowyMouse England Fri 04-Oct-13 18:06:44

Hi DD32 I've been to day hospital before, I feel trapped there as I have to get help to go in and out of it, which combines badly with the voices. At the moment I can't sit still in a room with people. When I've had straightforward depression, day hospital did help a little.

The CT person did ask about admission too, but I really can't face inpatient treatment hmm Too many people have proposed hospital treatment recently.

How's everyone else?

DD32, is there any way you can take a short nap, or get a reasonable bed time tonight? (I appreciate it's not easy with DC).

LEMisdisappointed Fri 04-Oct-13 18:54:01

Hugs snowy must be frustrating the day hospital thing. Dd sorry yiu are feeling low.

I am ok dd1 cooking me and dd2 dinner in her lovely flat

SnowyMouse England Fri 04-Oct-13 19:15:51

That sounds a treat LEM!

SnowyMouse England Fri 04-Oct-13 20:26:14

Good night all, sleep well. sad

SnowyMouse England Sat 05-Oct-13 13:12:30

Good morning villagers.

SnowyMouse England Sat 05-Oct-13 20:50:05

How is everyone? Busy days?

TheSilverySoothsayer Sat 05-Oct-13 20:59:11

Hi all, having a lazy day here. snowy they seem a bit fixated on day hosp for you, don't they? Perhaps you can paint your feelings about it in art therapy.

dd interesting that being with DD switches off the voices - I suppose your brain is more fully engaged with external life when with another person?

vicar how are the ratties getting on with their reading wink?

LEMisdisappointed Sun 06-Oct-13 09:11:32

Hello everyone busy day yesterday weekends are easier and harder in equal measure. Dd always plays up when dp around and I get so frustrated.

snowy how are you? Ive been quite absorbed,to say the least, with spider solitaire advanced level now but only completed once smile

SnowyMouse England Sun 06-Oct-13 13:12:37

That's brave, I can't get past one suit. I hope today is less frustrating LEM Lazy day sounds good, silvery.

I am very tired, not looking forward to day hospital assessment tomorrow hmm

SnowyMouse England Sun 06-Oct-13 17:18:23

I'm starting to worry about tomorrow's assessment, The CT person asked me if I thought I would be better off in hospital hmm I hope day hosp decide they can cope instead, anything but hospital. I'm definitely concerned about this, as they tend to just spring sectioning assessments on you sad I do hope I'm wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now