Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

roll up for the village fete! move to our village if your 'fete' is to be happy!

(988 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Sat 20-Jul-13 22:17:06

6th thread folks....

keep talking/posting.

good luck snowy

dumdum have you seen the brave babes battle bus or a similar titled thread which is supposed to be really good for supporting people cutting down/out alcohol? Those urges can be powerful. I'm sure I read somewhere you should drink a pint of something non alcoholic and then distract yourself, but I know easier said than done. Take it easy.

TheSilverySoothsayer Wed 25-Sep-13 23:05:27

I'm taking ages to get to sleep atm, I've been trying to move my sleep pattern back to normal (too many naps in the day, not enough exercise, and of course the cigs). And then I think I want to nap the next day cos still tired sad Apart from that I am fine, but I just wanted to extend sympathy and fellow-feeling to all of us struggling with sleep...

Having a shit day here.

I've just let someone down completely unavoidably. Now I've caused them huge problems.

I'm laying in bed with tears rolling down my face.

I haven't cried tears for months and months (think it's the meds).

And now I can't sleep either.

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 11:58:02

(((( CiQ silvery Ed ))))

LEMisdisappointed Thu 26-Sep-13 12:24:48

Can I have a hug too snowy? My bloody mother. Well thatcis all I have to say about that!

Ed ifvits unavoidable then please don't feel bad typing on phone so not much use sending flowers

LEMisdisappointed Thu 26-Sep-13 12:24:52

Can I have a hug too snowy? My bloody mother. Well thatcis all I have to say about that!

Ed ifvits unavoidable then please don't feel bad typing on phone so not much use sending flowers

DumDum32 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:06:25

arghhh I could just scream.... so I missed an important appt due to stupid forgetfullness & d fact I'm slightly mental in my head right now. rang my Dr surgery & explained myself only to be told I had to go into surgery! I've gotta explain myself in writing why I missed the appt. I said to the secretary seriously I cannot come to the surgery (1) because there is no one to bring me & (2) I'm too scarred to step outside at this moment in time due to crappy hallucinations. do u think she gave a Damn? Nope the didn't those were the rules regardless how disabled or mentally incapable someone was!

just waiting for my brother to get home so he can take me to the surgery. as if he doesn't do enough I go & add to his list. I feel so bad, I'm such a pain in the backside!

<<<<hugs to all & myself as I need lots of em>>>>

I could do with a stiff wine and loads of cigs!!!

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 15:57:32

(((( LEM )))) (((( DD32 ))))

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 15:58:28

(((( Everyone ))))

(((((Group hug returned)))))

LEMisdisappointed Thu 26-Sep-13 17:49:56

DD that receptionist sounds like a cow (and thats me being polite! - i usually fall back on another c word!) . I would make a complaint when you are feeling a bit better. I hate the way mental illness is so poorly understood.

DumDum32 Thu 26-Sep-13 19:24:30

LEM smile ur right about using certain words to describe this women! I went along & filled in the form and have to a nicer receptionist. I should hopefully get a call tomorrow with the details. I've just risen above it for now but will be definitely thinking about putting in a complaint who I'm a bit with it so to speak.

hope every1 is doing a bit better this evening. I managed to have a few cigs & calm myself down. Just had some homemade burgers for dinner & about to tuck into dessert. Amazing how food can make u feel pleasant. a bit of chocolate will end the evening
nicely for me grin

<<<<<massive hugs to all>>>>>

(((((everyone))))

dumdum def do try and complain about that receptionist! Outrageous and like lem said no understanding about mental ill-health. Burgers sound good though!

I know what you mean about food. Have made choc cakes this eve because there's a macmillan coffee morning at school tomorrow, but also cos I love them. One fresh from the oven after dinner = yum grin

lem shooting your dm with a water blaster on your behalf...

silvery hope you have a better night tonight

ed unavoidable hope you've been kind to yourself today.

Well doing ok tho v tired for a change hmm but back to college and getting the hang of the paintbrush again...

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 19:59:52

I hope everyone gets some good sleep tonight. I'm not sleeping well, but being awake isn't great either sad I need to get better so I can study my open university work.

What's your college work, CiQ ? I'm glad food has helped DD32

snowy I am on an all-day adult painting course learning all about painting using oil paints mostly. Today we made "shadow boxes" - paint inside of a biggish cardboard box black, cut hole in it, shine spotlight through to give a strong single source of light on your still life composition - I had an old lantern, book and couple small photos on a red "floor". Turned out OK. Haven't painted since June so took a while to get into it. There's one of my paintings (oils with palette knife) on my profile.... Course is good cos it's completely absorbing and you can't worry/think about anything else! And some nice people too.

What's your OU course?

I'm ok.

Just very down in the dumps.

Just found out this morning that xMIL may only have a few days to live. Its a bolt out of the blue.

This means xp can't have dcs this w/e. This is the unavoidable bit.

I was supposed to be volunteering to help another Brownie unit at a sleepover, hence the causing huge problems for someone else.

I cried myself to sleep with guilt that I was letting others down.

The problem has now been resolved, but means a lot of running around.

So now my stress levels are high and my depression levels are high. My neighbour could see instantly that something was causing me stress. Today has not been a good day, and although everything has been resolved I'm still feeling the effects.

But hugs to all....

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 20:12:40

I'm doing health sciences. That's a lovely painting smile

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 20:13:39

Oh no Ed Big hugs.

Thanks snowy what's involved in health sciences - I've always been interested in the health field... and is it a qualification type course?

Ed sounds like a tough day. Hope you can put your feet up tonight and enjoy some favourite tv/book/music/food/drink...

I am going to go and lowlight dtd2s hair...I'm going for the distract yourself but try a high risk activity that has a high chance of going wrong strategy confused

Good luck ed smile

SnowyMouse Thu 26-Sep-13 21:09:03

It might be part of a degree, it depends if I take it further. My concentration isn't working with all the reading needed (it is mostly reading), I'm told that's par for the course hmm sad

Good luck with the lowlighting Ed!

It'll be fine...I watched you tube....and yhen made it up as I went along...

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 26-Sep-13 23:35:04

hi all
im having a very good day.
ive got a puppy, he is only 3 weeks old so cant have him yet, but so excited, ive also been in contact with my old place of work that i left 6 years ago, a member of staff has left suddenly - there may be some casual work back with them - not bothered either way tbh - but would be nice to keep my hand in my old job to hone my skills - you never know when it may be needed - so not wanting to jinx myself but things could just be on the up....

hugs to all those struggling at the min - this is the first time since last november that i have felt really happy and positive - so hang on in there.....

DumDum32 Fri 27-Sep-13 10:28:14

morning all

I've woken up feeling so tired my eyes aren't even opening. I'm sat here in my local health centre waiting for a blood test. my G.P thinks I might be diabetic sad I mean can my health get freaking worse! I just wanna curl up & stay in bed forever.

hw u all doing this sunny morning (it's sunny in London at least for the time being)

hugs to all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now