Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

roll up for the village fete! move to our village if your 'fete' is to be happy!

(988 Posts)
VicarInaTutu Sat 20-Jul-13 22:17:06

6th thread folks....

keep talking/posting.

hoochymama1 Thu 05-Sep-13 12:07:56

Hope all goes well, DD, keep calm, be persistent, try to take someone with you (((hugs)))

SnowyMouse Thu 05-Sep-13 12:20:56

Good luck with your appointment DD32

Hugs to everyone.

DumDum32 Thu 05-Sep-13 17:01:07

thanks hoochy & snowy.

just been to appt. Dr wasn't there was out on am emergency saw a psychiatrist nurse. been referred to home treatment team. they will call me tonight hopefully & we take it from there. I was so terrified when I was there & shaking like a leaf. they suggested going into hospital as well but said they will the Dr & decide what is the best course of action. so a waiting game for now sad

hope everyone is doing ok. big hugs xxx

VicarInaTutu Thu 05-Sep-13 17:25:17

good luck DD , hope you find out soon what the plan is.

SnowyMouse Thu 05-Sep-13 17:28:48

Good luck DD32, I hope they find the right course of treatment for you. The HTT is called the crisis team (CT) where I live. They should be very helpful. I saw CT and my CPN for review today.

They are threatening me with an MHA (mental health act assessment, basically sectioning me). They say my risk is still too high. sad hmm

It doesn't make sense, as on one hand they're saying I haven't succeeded in doing anything which lowers the risk, but on the other hand they're saying that I shouldn't be going down to the river at all. confused

I have a list of things I have to do/write down before I see them each day.

I need hugs...

DumDum32 Thu 05-Sep-13 17:51:21

thanks vicar smile

(((((big big big bear hugs snowy)))))

so the stupid hospital just rang they've re-booked me an appt next week with my Dr as the HTM (CT) don't think their intervention will do anything as I need therapy rather than drug treatment. they agree my meds do need changing but only my Dr can sanction that. so I have to wait a week for that. I'm not really surprised as they whole breaking Mental Health Team is rubbish in my area but I hoped they would at least get the meds sorted. I don't think I will last till next week & will end up doing something stupid sad

SnowyMouse Thu 05-Sep-13 17:58:08

Thanks DD I'm sorry that you haven't had the input you wanted. What can you do to distract yourself? Obviously there's the last resort of A&E/out of hours dr, but that would be to help you get through til your dr appointment...

Big hugs...

DumDum32 Thu 05-Sep-13 18:11:53

I'm just going to keep myself as busy as I can with my little one & taking a zopiclone at night to sleep. this way I won't let the voices/hallucinations takes over. that's the plan anyway hoping I can keep it up. snowy - your right if things get too much then I will have to take myself along to a&e sad

how u feeling now?

how is everyone else doing?

SnowyMouse Thu 05-Sep-13 19:39:44

Good luck with that, DD32. I've taken some of my meds, which helps. CT came back just now to supervise my meds. sad

I am trying to convince myself to talk about what's going on, I don't want to be sectioned.

How's everyone else doing?

Well after my bouncy post last night I've struggled a bit today.

Went into town for a list of bits and failed to get most.

Traipsed around town in the heat. I've been exhausted ever since. I had a short 45min nap earlier.

Feeling ill now. Headachey. All my muscles and bones hurt to move even the slightest bit.

Going to sleep...

mamakoukla Fri 06-Sep-13 02:45:09

Big hugs Snowy (((()))))) and to DD (((((())))))

Hugs to all; I have been reading and keep planning to come post. On phone so awkward to scroll through the thread.

Jumped for joy that you get a different placement Ed. Vicar, sorry about the trails of coworkers. Head up, you are great and a credit to the police.

Hugs to all (((())))

I am doing well; good days and some not brilliant days. I am still working at moving forward albeit sometimes through CIQs treacleworld

mamakoukla Fri 06-Sep-13 02:46:01

Sigh... Got not get and trials not trails...

SnowyMouse Fri 06-Sep-13 12:22:27

((((All)))) I hope everyone got some sleep last night, particularly Ed.

You sound committed mama

I'm tired too, might have a nap...

SnowyMouse Fri 06-Sep-13 19:11:04

For a nice change, really nice CT person came earlier. She used to work on the ward where I first became unwell, so knows me really well.

She's going to add making me a cup of tea to my care plan.

How's everyone else doing?

mamakoukla Fri 06-Sep-13 21:26:34

That's lovely Snowy! A friendly face makes such a difference. Cup of tea is always a good idea in my books.

I have had a semi productive day and have been in a good mood. Makes me a little nervous that it will crash down the other side if I have a wobble. But I am still working on keeping that even keel and emotional balance. Don't want to enjoy feeling good too much if that makes sense. My sleep is still a bit interrupted and I sometimes remember my dreams (upset sleep tends tp correlate with dreams where my brain is working away on tough items) but the last year has seen positive change. I guess for me and my situation, it needs work and I can help things improve sometimes

NorkyButNice Fri 06-Sep-13 22:25:57

Evening all. Sorry to hear of your work irritations Vicar but it sounds like you've had some positive days on the job if you can ignore the company!

Snowy I'm glad you met with someone you feel comfortable with, it definitely makes a difference to how easy it is to relax and open up.

I'm hoping to avoid going back under the Home Treatment Team as it invariably leads to admission from my own experiences, I need to keep a step back if at all possible.

It's all one step forward, three back at the moment. Kids at school though, praise the Lord!

Evening. Yay! Glad you have somethimg positive to report snowy! I don't like seeing anyone posting a continual run of down days. We all deserve a bit of an (relative) upbeat day every now and then.

I had a naughty day.

I went back tk bed at 9.30 for an hour. I was just sooooo tired.

I have another health concern (a really do feel I should register with hyperchondriacs anon....I never weng to the dr for anything before this year). I feel sooo ill an hour after eating. Hot flushes. Extreme fatigue. Headache. Woizy headed.

I was feeling so good and upbeat a couple of days ago.

VicarInaTutu Fri 06-Sep-13 23:47:25

well, i have been working the last 3 weeks with a broken finger so low pain threshold my absolute arse!

there is nothing can be done now as the injury is too old, i just need to keep moving it.

im on days off now so feel better - though the last few days i really feel i had a breakthrough.
i challenged some crappy behaviour from a collegue and put him right a couple of peoples back stories.
i really feel that im ok. that its not me thats the issue - i am really not as fragile as i look - yes im a bit of a fluffy bunny....but at heart im very tough. I think i probably give the wrong impression with my hippy tree hugging ways.....
never mind.
going to enjoy my days off. Got a BBQ tomorrow then a meal out with some pals.
i can quite adequately compartmentalize work/home. when im at work i really do give my all.
at home i can forget it.
i think i probably have the balance right on reflection. im happy that i can trust myself despite what others think/say or do.
i really feel i turned a corner.

snowy glad to hear you had a better day with someone who knows you coming out to see you.

i deal with a lot of mental health patients who have been sectioned - having suffered this crappy depression i can so sympathise with anyone going through the mill with this desease.

i dealt with a suicidal bloke this week - i hope to god he got the treatment he needed.
i feel like ive come out of the other side but sympathise so deeply with anyone still caught up in the throes of this crappy illness. no one knows how close i came. there were several occasions where i wanted to end things, it just seemed easier.
im ashamed that im ashamed of that now. But i cant admit that in real life.

you are all such a lifeline for me.

and SD has just phoned to say he left his bedroom door unlocked and his nexus 10 has been stolen.
fucking whoopee do. so this week he lost his iphone 5. he got it replaced. he lost it again 4 days later but luckily someone handed it in at Tescos where he left it.
now his nexus has been stolen.
i am really truly all out of sympathy. ive told him to stop stressing me out and to phone and report it to the police.
wtaf does he expect me to do from 400 miles away???

LEMisdisappointed Sat 07-Sep-13 12:09:03

Hello everyone - just checking in. I have made a rule that i am not allowed to turn the computor on during the day when DD at school and I am feeling better for it. I think!

SnowyMouse Sat 07-Sep-13 12:23:03

It sounds like you're doing well, mama. Norky I know what you mean re; hospital, I'm dreading that as an outcome. Ed, I got told naps are ok, and that length sounds like one smile I'm sorry your finger is broken vicar, I hope it heals soon. Sorry about the added stress from DS too sad Good luck with the no computer rule, LEM, be thinking of you being all productive.

filee777 Sat 07-Sep-13 16:12:36

Hey all, falling a part quietly here.

Am at home, doing loads and loads of maths which I don't quite understand and DH is out with my mum and the kids. I don't want to see her but am having serious doubts about absolutely everything and am expecting her to burst through the door which would not be helpful. Have decided to have a drink and hope that the ridiculous black hole in my chest eases soon. Yesterday I had three places to be at once at the same time as doing my maths course and I actually got heart palpitations I was so stressed. I have a maths test on Monday and am swotting for it while still working in the day.

I've just found myself in a really hectic time right now and trying to get my head straight too is just too much.

I want a cuddle from my baby and my husband to come home but I really can't stand the thought of the moment when my mum will be 2ft away from me and I won't be seeing her.

Just arrrgh

Hope everyone else is okay x

DumDum32 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:06:59

hey all a quick checking in. were all dying of flu in my household. did not get any sleep last nyt as DD was up all nyt as her nose was blocked. I can't stand her being ill hate it so added pressure on my brain sad all day today has gone by coughing, sneezing & wiping little ones nose!

vicar - sorry about ur crappy work lot but glad ur standing up for urself. hope ur finger heals quickly smile

Ed - hope ur feeling better thanks

Snowy - glad to hear ur visit went well. a cup of brew is always welcome.

mama & norky - u both sound like ur doing well smile

LEM - hope the no computer rule helps smile

Filee - Big hug & hope u get through the evening ok & gud luck with the maths test. it does sound like a hectic time for u. be thinking of u.

big hugs to all ((((keeping my distance as don't want u all to catch my cold))))

SnowyMouse Sat 07-Sep-13 20:06:43

I hope you all get better soon DD32! Sleep deprivation is a killer sad Hugs filee and all.

CT visit this evening went ok, a cup of tea definitely helps...

filee777 Sun 08-Sep-13 08:12:45

Hey all, as predicted the kids had a lovely day. Mum wants to take them shopping today and buy them things, which is fine but... Well she's also said she wants to put money in the bank monthly so that we can 'take them out on her behalf' and I just feel uncomfortable with it. It just feels like she's trying to own us again and though yes seeing her every 4 months is bearable and her doing the 'grandma thing' and spending money on the kids is fine, I don't know if I want it to cross over into the rest of life. Am I being unreasonable about that?

LEMisdisappointed Sun 08-Sep-13 12:42:17

filee, totally not unreasonable, i posted on your other thread x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now