Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(503 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

magimedi Wed 03-Sep-14 16:10:32

Credit cards & your own passports are the next things that spring to mind!

Hope the Pummblettes sleep on the flight. Have one, just one, drink when they first come round. It will relax you & won't hurt at all.

Have a wonderful time!

Pumble Wed 03-Sep-14 15:08:18

Doing a night flight so plenty of time left to panic... We have the pumblettes most prized bunnies and passports so I guess anything else is a bonus!!!! smile

magimedi Wed 03-Sep-14 08:03:43

You are going to have a wonderful holiday!

I suspect you will be either at or en route to the airport now - just breathe & you'll be fine.

Bon Voyage!

Pumble Tue 02-Sep-14 23:23:15

Panic panic panic!!!

I hate flying-why are we going? shock

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 02-Sep-14 20:46:15

A Belated happy birthday Pumble! Have a fabulous holiday won't you?

Glad Magi is starting to feel more like normal. Choc and crisps are more nutritional when part of a recovery plan you know wink

The course doesn't start until mid September but I start in school next week. I've been focusing on getting the girls ready for school (dd2 starts tomorrow) so haven't really worried aut me yet! I'm excited, the nerves will come in once the milestones of this week are passed.

magimedi Mon 01-Sep-14 22:29:43

Happy Birthday!!

Am feeling much better - appetite has come back with a vengance today so have felt only right to eat some crisps & some choc! Went for first swim for 2 weeks & was amazed that I managed 28 lengths (normal is 40). Felt as if I could have done a few more but thought I'd stop while I was still OK.

Am sure they won't scream all flight - am also sure you have lots of things sorted for them. So exciting! Can't wait to hear all the news when you return.

Am assuming your course/work starts next week, row? You must be excited & possibly a bit nervous?

Pumble Mon 01-Sep-14 20:33:41

How are you feeling magi? Hope you have your appetite back and are feeling so much better.

Course sounds good row -is it the hlta one?

All good here-birthday today and actually it's been ok (am not good on birthdays!). Enjoying bubbles to drink and mr P cooking! Feeling vaguely sorted for holiday-have panics but if they scream all flight I will have done my best and that's all I can do (and I'm proud of myself for saying that!).

You're right row-being pregnant on holiday would have been hard! We are off to a tropical island for a long weekend which will be calling out for a cocktail or two!!! smile

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 29-Aug-14 20:20:31

Hi, apologies for not coming on sooner. I put the ipad dwn last night and have only just discovered where I left it!

Sorry to hear the lateness and how much you are sad about it. It does help to show that a third is wanted, and things will pan out how they are meant to be. I don't want to make light of it turning out, but you won't be travelling and potentially feeling rough, and you can enjoy eating what you like on holiday and not worrying. You are in such a different place now, you wouldn't have considered another at points in your recent past, but you and Mr P know how strong you are. You don't know what will happen and whether you will suffer again, who knows, but you DO know that you are stable of climbing mountains.

Poor Magi, it sounds utterly awful. Have some flowers. I hope you bounce back quickly and your appetite comes back fully soon.

Yes, my course is teaching related - teaching Assisant course as a more gentle way into teaching. I dot want to put the hours in as a NQT just now, but maybe with a few years experience in school, I will do it later on. I'm looking forward to it.

magimedi Fri 29-Aug-14 15:51:50

Wednesday!! Eeeek!!!

You'll be fine, Mr P will be with you & am certain that the culture in Malaysia is so much more child orientated than UK.

I'll be away when you get back, but don't forget to tell us ALL about it.

I can see why you are apprehensive about DC3 after what you went through, but is it a given that the same will happen again? And if it did you will know what to do about it & realise what is wrong so much quicker. But I wouldn't think of that, just enjoy the thought of having another, if you decide to.

Pumble Fri 29-Aug-14 15:03:29

Oh magi that sounds utterly grim. Glad you're on the mend now. Love your silver lining!!!

Part of me thinks we are crazy to have another given how I suffered after pumblette 2.... But....

Malaysia on Wednesday night-rather apprehensive! Thankfully very few jabs were needed. Pumblette 1 was not impressed though!

magimedi Fri 29-Aug-14 11:33:24

Sorry to hear the lateness has vanished. But, in another way, it's a good thing that it has shown you how much you would like a third.

Course sounds exciting, row - what is it? Teaching related?

Not much news from me, I've had a miserable 10 days or so, starting with an appalling attack of cystitis (I thought I was far too old for that) that didn't respond to the antibiotics very well. Tried two lots & then got given penicillin, which I have always been fine with. Took the first dose & 20 minutes later had a vile allergic reaction to it. My hands & feet swelled up & I was so itchy from head to toe, I can't describe it. And was sick. Anti histamines sorted it out but it left me feeling a bit off for a few days. Luckily, 4th lot of antibiotic seems to have sent the cystitis away, but antibiotics do make you feel a bit off. Definite lack of appetite & have lost 5 lbs, so every cloud etc.

Off to Turkey again in a couple of weeks & DS & DDIL are comign with us so am very excited. Just hope that ruddy volcano in Iceland doesn't do anything silly!!

Not long till Malaysia - are you all sorted? Did you have to have a load of jabs?

Pumble Fri 29-Aug-14 08:25:55

Not late anymore hmm. Feeling really really sad about it. I guess it did confirm how much I want a third pumblette but it is hard that it was a false alarm. Sort of wish I had told mr p I was late now so he would know how I felt.

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 28-Aug-14 22:53:26

Nervous sounds like how I would feel! Lets see what appens, but fingers crossed! I'm off to bed now so I will post again in the morning.

Sleep well

Pumble Thu 28-Aug-14 22:43:10

I'm feeling nervous!! We had agreed we wanted a third but wanted to wait until p1 was at school (next September...)...so this would be a total shock/happy accident. But now I'm late I know I will be sad if it's a false alarm which it probably is. I could symptom spot until the cows come home but they could just be pmt.

Glad to know its normal with you too! I hate shouting but when they are both pressing every button it can be a challenge! If we are at home and they both start screaming I often join in too now which tends to either stop them in their tracks or make them smile!!!

P1 starts school nursery three mornings a week when we get back from Malaysia which she is really looking forward to. She has been doing a gym class without me once a week for two hours over the summer which was the first time we were apart abd she loved it so fingers crossed!

Lots happening come September in your house then row... Are you in the school every day? Is it your dd's school?

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 28-Aug-14 22:32:34

Well, well well? That is news! How do you feel? When are you going to test? So many questions, I don't mean to pry, but I'm feeling excited.

It is odd staying at parents when they are not there. Sounds lie a normal day to me! I've told the girls I'm trying not to shout. Don't that much but sometimes I growl or shut and I don't like doing it. I've managed to curtail myself all but once, but DD2 had trounced off and hidden herself near a car park so had to look for her. I was not impressed.

My girls go back next week. DD2 starts school nursery so I have spent the last three nights sewing name labels on clothes in front of the tv. I start my course and work in school the following week. I haven't had time to think much about it but I'm looking forward to my course. DD2 is ready for school nursery and it is such a cute year, I'm happy for her.

Where will your DD1 be come September?

Pumble Thu 28-Aug-14 22:24:59

Just had a funny few days staying in my parents new house without them - just me and the pumblettes. We all survived and some bits were lovely although at times it would have been nice to lock them in a cupboard.... wink

When do your dd's start back row? And is it this term you start too?

Pumble Thu 28-Aug-14 22:23:14

I would love it to be late for a meeting but alas no!!

Five days late to be precise... Haven't mentioned it to mr P yet....

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 28-Aug-14 22:22:13

And how are you?

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 28-Aug-14 22:20:34

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh. So ambiguous! Tell us more ..........smile grin wink shock

I'm covering all bases.

If you were late for. Meeting, have a tardis

Pumble Thu 28-Aug-14 13:18:46

I'm late....

Pumble Mon 25-Aug-14 20:23:19

We had a good day grin. It wasn't at all how we planned it but it was a great family day. Who wouldn't love four hours standing in torrential rain?!!! (Still not totally dry and warm!!) Seriously though the pumblettes were stars (yes I am biased!) and we had a good day. Turns out pumblette 1 is terrified of fire but pumblette 2 thinks firemen and fire engines are the best thing ever! (There was a demonstration we weren't needing the firemen!!)!
Hope you all had a good bank holiday

Pumble Fri 22-Aug-14 22:32:53

I love Tartiflette -it is amazing! Although a lot of running is needed afterwards!! smile

Glad wine is going down well...and that the saucisson has been well received!

I'm expecting the language to keep going magi.... grin

magimedi Fri 22-Aug-14 22:22:27

Moi, je connnias le saucisson tres bien.

(Just realised what I wrote - shock )

Quand nous vist DS & DDIL nous mange beaucoup de suacisson avec Tartiflette - une cholesterol busting repas qui et, basically, fromage et more fromage dans in dish avec spuds. Les Francais make it 'ealthy par serving it avec saucisson et salade.

C'est delicioso!

C'est le dish de their region (Haute Savoie) & peut etre c'est good si vous avez fait beaucop of exercise sur les slopes de ski.

Mais le only exercise je take quand je suis en France c'est raising wine.

Alors je toujours return chez moi avec une few pounds sur mon tum!

Excusez any horreurs de spelling - spell check n'acceptez pas Farglais!

PS Je am going to e-mailez DS pour voir si il a vu votre wave, Pumble. Je suis sur que he did.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 22-Aug-14 21:39:58

Hic! Wine is tres bien. I hope it is tasting even better just by how it was gained Pumble!

Loving the writing too Aagi, it's really been making me smile.

Pumble Fri 22-Aug-14 20:47:52

I forgot to mention what I came back with to share... Wine, cheese (v fine Brie in fact) and saucisson. I know saucisson is an acquired taste but thought you might enjoy. A proper picnic.... Grab a spot on the blanket and tear off some baguette....Plus cornichons as pumblette 1 won't let us return without them!!

I of course waved at your DS-it was a beautify clear day so he should have noticed...!

I love how you're writing magi-please keep it up!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now