Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(859 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

Pumble Tue 28-Jul-15 19:04:45

So glad you had such a wonderful time magi-it must have been v special for you all. How old is PFGD now?

I have had awful flu type thing since Saturday and barely have a voice. Spent much of last night having coughing episodes that lasted almost 45 minutes at a time. Still not better by fractionally on the mend. Coupled with very bad hips on Friday and Saturday I was so pleased to be with my mum and dad who were amazing at making me do nothing!

Really want to shift it now before we go away-don't want to be poorly on holiday. Mr P been ill whilst he has been away so hope we will both be fit for holiday.

How was your day of sorting magi? It's been a grey day here... Where has summer gone?!

magimedi Mon 27-Jul-15 08:42:54

Hallo you two!

I am back - had an amazing time, very, very hot so didn't do a lot but spent loads of time with PFGD who is, as you can imagine, utterly adorable. I am totally & utterly besotted with her & found it very hard to leave.

Pumble I am sorry that you are having so much to cope with at the moment. I think you should certainly hide Mr P's phone when you go on holiday - or even forget to pack it! Tell him from me that no one is indispensable & no one says on their death bed that they wish they'd spent more time at work!

I also hope you are thinking about getting some help for when P3 arrives. (October/November??). I think you should think about organising it now, not waiting until you have her/him. You & Mr P need to think about what you could afford & what would be best. Maybe a cleaner or a part time Nanny so you know you have some space & time for yourself.

I think you are right to possibly shelve the idea of house selling at the moment - I think you have enough on your plate without that major upheaveal. I assume you are moving for more room for 3 x P's? Baby P, as you know, won't need the space for a few months at least and maybe next Spring, which is only 6/7 months away (eeeeek!!!!) might be a better time to start the process.

COld & grey here, just like me!! Need to sort out some drawers & cupboards today, lots of stuff just got bundled away when all the building/decorating was going on & needs organising. What fun!

Row hope you are enjoying the holidays - are you going away at all?

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 23-Jul-15 19:59:06

I admire anyone who lives on their own/ with Dh regularly away. It is hard. He will be home in a week.

Glad you have had a better day.

My girls are fine, and starting to be more rested with the holiday started. They were ready for a break.

My eldest doesn't seem to be frustrated that her little sister is dry consistently at night while she isn't. She thinks that her bladder just needs more practice and that her bladder doesn't always get the message to her brain yet, but with time it will. It has shifted responsibility to a part of her body so she doesn't seem to be concerned about it. We are still waiting to be consistently dry. Up it is certainly better in the holidays than in term time so we would have a good run now.

Enjoy visiting your parents, and I hope your physio goes well.

Pumble Thu 23-Jul-15 19:04:05

Thank you row. It was just what I needed to read.

We have had a better day today with less grumpiness all round! Have managed to get a physio appointment for my hips tomo which is good and pumblettes going to a friend whilst I'm there which gives them something fun. Then I'm going to see my parents I think. I think we all need a change of scene.

Very hard yo speak to Mr P except via text due to time difference and crazy hours he works whilst away which adds to the toughness for us all I think.

We had a run of seven dry nights for p1 and then the last two have been less good. Last night she woke up having done a tiny wee in her pants which thankfully was so small I didn't have to change beds! I guess it us the right time if she's waking up and stopping herself before finishing on the loo-it would just be nice if she woke before the little wee in her pants!! It must be a little frustrating for her that p2 did it so early and with so much ease!

Fingers crossed they sleep v soon.....

How are the holidays going Row? Have your DDs recovered from the end of term yet?

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 22-Jul-15 22:42:08

Ps, you are half way through the fortnight Mr P is away, which means holidays are closer.

Nighttime wetness is tricky. I have had my fair share with my one daughter. I've found it is easier to layer up with sheets and blankets and to ditch the duvet as these are much easier to wash and dry, I've also got 3 washable waterproof mattress protectors which have been wonderful. Give her some time to give it a go, and good luck!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 22-Jul-15 22:38:26

Hi pumble. Selling houses and hip pain is rubbish. Having children throw their arms around you is fantastic.

You will get hard days, especially when you are in your own and everyone is tired. How is your network of friends these days? A couple of hours with adults and the pumbles having other children around may help.

It sounds like you are missing Mr P very much. Can you see and speak to him most days online? I can't imagine what it is like,and how hard it is at times.

I'm sending you lots of hugs. Please go slow and don't try and do too much. Have a stack of reserve activities for them when they start to get tetchy, and maybe rotate some toys, put some away for a few weeks and then bring them out again.

You will have bright days, you will sell your house eventually, and you will see your husband. In the meantime, reach out to us on here, Mr P, your friends and family.

We're here for you.

Pumble Wed 22-Jul-15 21:04:58

Today was a very challenging day for the pumblettes and me. I really struggled with their behaviour. I know they are exhausted as we had a big day out yesterday but it was so so hard. I am proud of myself for going and shutting b myself in the kitchen for two minutes away from them so I didn't lose my temper at them. We all snuggled and read 'sometimes' at bedtime so we all knew that no matter how grumpy we are we still love each other. I do wish Mr p was here more though I have to confess

Pumble Tue 21-Jul-15 21:08:34

Trying to sell a house is rubbish rubbish rubbish.

Hip pain when pregnant with two active little people is rubbish!

Mr P never being in the country and when he is in the country working all the time is rubbish.

Grumpy children are rubbish!

But when the pumblettes throw their arms around me and snuggle up tightly because we all just need hugs at least there is some light in the day

Pumble Tue 14-Jul-15 19:14:28

Congratulations on finishing the course row. Quite an achievement with two little ones to look after too.

You will have such a superb time with PFGD magi. It will be wonderful! Hope you got to enjoy all the tennis-strangely not much time to watch here...

House sale not going brilliantly. Viewings but no offers. We have held firm on the price and given notice to our estate agent. On second viewing realised the house we saw could have ended up a money pit and nothing else come on yet. We are going to remarked with another agent and assess the situation come September and probably take off market if not sold by then as don't want to be dealing with house viewings, p1 starting school and arrival of p3!

Mr P actually took a day off last week (second since Christmas...) which did the pumblettes the world of good! He's pretty much away for the next fortnight (angrysad) but we are off on holiday soon after which should be great (I'm thinking if hiding the work phone whilst we are away....)

P1 decided she doesn't want nappies at night which is proving exhausting but she's so desperate to try I think we need to keep going and oddly she was dry in her nappies just not without them....

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 12-Jul-15 19:52:58

I saw so little tennis this year. PFBG will be adorable, amazing and demanding cuddles.

I've finished my course, and the girls have one. Ore week at school. Then let the long summer of relaxation and fun begin!

magimedi Sat 11-Jul-15 16:39:29

Lots of tennis, interspersed with getting ready to go & see PFGD!!!

I am SO excited!

When do you breakup, row?

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 11-Jul-15 00:47:06

Hello all. How has your week been then?

magimedi Sat 04-Jul-15 09:55:14

Any better news on houses, Pumble??

Hope you are surviving the heat - we are fine, tend to get a bit of a sea breeze here which helps.

Tennis is amazing - really get my money's worth from the licence fee this fortnight!

Pumble Mon 29-Jun-15 11:11:19

Enjoy Wimbledon fortnight magi!

House we liked already has two offers hmm. And our viewing from today cancelled and the one from Saturday wasn't interested hmm

Pumble Mon 29-Jun-15 10:56:14

Enjoy Wimbledon fortnight magi!

House we liked already has two offers hmm. And our viewing from today cancelled and the one from Saturday wasn't interested hmm

magimedi Sun 28-Jun-15 20:46:46

All digits crossed for you, Pumble.

Let us know.

Wimbledon starts tomorrow - my best fortnight of the year.

Pumble Sat 27-Jun-15 12:22:17

Really liked the house we saw so positive thoughts required for people seeing ours today and on Monday. Really need them to like it!!

magimedi Fri 26-Jun-15 23:16:16

So pleased to hear you are feeling calm.

Am sure that will help the viewing.

Honestly, Pumble this house selling/buying stuff is so stressful, but I have learnt that it does have a strange habit of working out - it really does. Somewhere there is the buyer for yours & the right house for you & Mr P & the Pumblettes. I promise you!

Pumble Fri 26-Jun-15 23:11:19

Bunk beds sorted thanks to a super friend who spent the day helping me with her two girls (In between other activities we had to do!) and then all evening helping me move sofa beds etx once girls were asleep in their bunk beds! Turns out there are just something's you can't do on your own and you need to ask for help! A valuable lesson to learn I think wink

Hope viewing goes ok. Lots of tidying to do in the morning but feeling calmish! And off to look at a house too (which I'm trying hard not to like as we haven't sold ours yet!!)

Happy weekend both! smile

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 26-Jun-15 22:48:35

Hey Pumble, I hope the bunk beds are sorted, or the house is in a reasonable way for the viewing tomorrow. Stay calm, what will be will be.

I'll be sending positive vibes your way tomorrow.

magimedi Thu 25-Jun-15 22:01:01

Go to sleep. Dream of arms & grow some!

Failing that - do you have a lovely neighbour?

And every digit crossed here for the next viewing!!

Pumble Thu 25-Jun-15 20:27:54

Turns out I can't do them on my own unless I grow some more arms.... I'm not happy about this and trying to come up with a solution as they need to be sorted by sat morning as have another viewing... Oh pants. Did manage to move the sofa bed out the room though which meant john Lewis carries everything upstairs!

magimedi Thu 25-Jun-15 17:05:04

How did it go??

Have a vision of you & the Pumblettes all tied up in a semi made bed!! grin

magimedi Wed 24-Jun-15 21:23:30

The instructions will be a doddle!

Take it slowly & calmly & am sure the Pumblettes will help if pieces need holding!

Sherry is delicious - try a chilled Manzanilla sometime.

Decorators were OK today - but had no loo available in the house for about 4 hours & have a bit of a dicky tummy - was interesting!

Pumble Wed 24-Jun-15 19:01:44

Loving that they want sherry!! Have to admit to still using that tone of voice with my mum and dad too.... You must be so excited about seeing them all soon.

Impressed you have tidy decorators-what a surprise!

Had a funny day here as p3 not been v active for last few days and today was particularly bad. Led to me being snappy with girls as was so worried which then made me feel guilty. Eventually phoned hospital who said they couldn't see me as less than 25 weeks so had to go to gp. He was not impressed I was there but did check and all ok thank God. I was utterly convinced it wasn't so such a relief. Just wish I hadn't been on my own dealing with it all!

Girls bunk beds arrive tomo...the instructions will be easy to follow won't they...?! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now