Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(628 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

magimedi Thu 27-Nov-14 22:21:41

Just hand everything over to Mr P when he gets home & get out ON YOUR OWN for an hour or two.

Run/walk/drink coffee in a cafe, but make sure you get some Pumble time.

Look how berluddy well you are coping........... proud of you.

(((xxx)))

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 27-Nov-14 21:01:44

<comes in with large g and t's for all>

Glad P2 is home but the hallucinations sound disconcerting for all.

Magimedi has said sound words so once you've had your g and t I'll wish you a good night - you need your sleep and should be in bed Pumble!

Pumble Thu 27-Nov-14 18:20:16

Mr P back on Saturday but away again from Sunday evening. P2 doing so much better but p1 needing lots of tlc understandably too!

Will need a big gin once they're in bed!!!

magimedi Thu 27-Nov-14 08:33:53

Hooray for being home.

My DS got fever induced hallucinations all through his childhood & into his teens. He would wake up screaming & run round the house in a great state & not want to be touched or held. The best thing I could do was to get a cool flannel & wipe it over his face while telling him I was there & that he knew this was the thing that worked. Very scary for everyone concerned & must be even worse in one as young as P2.

So pleased you are home & I hope you get some sleep - don't fret about the house/washing/cooking. Eat McDonalds if needs be or frozen pizza! Sleep whenever you can & I hope P2 gets better asap. When does Mr P get home again?

(((xxx)))

Pumble Wed 26-Nov-14 23:19:25

We are home and she's asleep smile

Turns out she was having fever induced hallucinations the last few nights which explains a lot. And she has never fully recovered from her last hospital stay-so been living with tonsillitis since then (no wonder she's struggled so much hmm). I knew something wasn't right with her....

Thankfully mr P managed to be with us this afternoon and evening before heading back to Europe tomo.

We are all ok though and we will get through it but icould do with some sleep!!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 26-Nov-14 21:07:21

Oh dear Pumble. You can do this,you are strong. Mr P will be with you in his thoughts sending you positive vibes. I hope P2 is ok and you all get back home soon.

Don't forget to give yourself as much rest as possible. The house can be ignored, just eat, drink and rest, and use all offers of help.

Sending lots of get well wishes.

magimedi Wed 26-Nov-14 17:07:46

So sorry to hear this, Pumble.

Is your Mum with p1?

Deep breaths, lovely woman, deep breaths & don't forget to eat & drink.

(((xxx)))

Pumble Wed 26-Nov-14 14:07:46

Back in hospital with p2. hmm

Not a greeT week for mr p to be away!!

Pumble Sat 22-Nov-14 23:11:49

A Mr Frosty g&t sounds lovely!!! Rather like a cocktail I had in Malaysia which could well have been made in a mr frosty!

Busy birthday but good. Tried to focus on all the good bits of the past two years ( and avoided being at home so didn't have to keep looking at the bottom of the stairs )

Still high as a kite magi? smile

magimedi Sat 22-Nov-14 22:36:02

Ooooh - hadn't thought about G 'n' T in the Mr Frosty.

Maybe I'll keep Mr Frosty all to myself & just give DGCs a karaoke machine instead!! grin

wine

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 22-Nov-14 19:19:30

mr frosty gin and tonics anyone? For those tired after a busy birthday day, or those still high in the ceiling with excitement?

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Sat 22-Nov-14 11:00:38

Congratulations on your impending grannyhood Magi.

And tell your son I had a Mr Frosty & it was shit-think we used it once grin

I was deprived, however, by never getting a Girl's World head.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 22-Nov-14 10:27:16

[walks in and admires lace cap whilst offering matching slippers as Christmas present]

Magi! How exciting. You were looking forward to the prospect and now you are on the exiting, amazing Path towards super cool granny. May is my favourite month of the year - so much blossom, flowers, warmth in the air, a month full of promises.

"happy birthday P2, Happy Birthday P2, Happy brith day P2ooooo, happy birthday to you".

Of course it is a time to reflect back, but I hope you the Pumblettes excitement of the day, and sheer amazement when they look at the cake lift your heart. Enjoy them enjoying the day.

Congratulations on being free of nappies, if you have any spare, I know someone who may be needing them from May onwards.....don't you think Magi?

I went to watch a band in a pub last night and had so much fun. The band were great, the people, there (who we didn't know, we knew one of the band) were full of fun and I had a great time, even if I was sober.

Pumble Fri 21-Nov-14 22:58:24

I so hoped that would be the news magi! gringringringringrin So excited for you all. And what a super granny you will make grin

magimedi Fri 21-Nov-14 22:14:30

Forgot to say - baby due at the end of May.

magimedi Fri 21-Nov-14 22:13:54

Pumble - I still weep on the eve of DS's birthday - every year without fail.

Cake sounds amazing - am v.v.v impressed.

My news.....................................................

I am going to be a granny!!!!!!!!!

Have known about it for about 2 weeks but DDIL has had a little bit of bleeding so have had to keep quiet.

But she had a scan on Wednesday & all seems to be well (all fingers & toes crossed).

I am SO EXCITED - to think I will be able to enjoy a baby again that have a connection to me.

I have not been looking at baby clothes - no, not looking at all those teeny tiny baby grows & lovely booties (which I know are of fuck all use for a newborn, but can't help going melting at them). I have not (much) dived into to Mothercare to look round in wonder & at prams etc.

It's not my baby, I know that. It's DS & DDIL's PFB (all being well) & I am just so happy for them that they are going to have the joy (& the rest grin ) that a PFB brings to you.

But, this babe is a little bit of me, just by its DNA & I am so excited.

DS always said he had a deprived childhood as I would never buy him a MR Frosty (google it).

What is DGC going to get for its birthday........ ? grin

Bouncing of the ceiling here............... just you wait until little Row & the Pumblettes produce............. and I can't tell you how fast that time will go.

Off to bed, lace cap in place & decorous & sober (HA!) as befits soon-to-be Granny Magi!!

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Fri 21-Nov-14 19:32:33

I want to know your news too Magi (long time lurker).

Pumble Fri 21-Nov-14 19:30:05

And I've just realised what I find the hardest is that mr P wouldn't even think that it would be hard for me tonight/tomorrow. It's not his fault for not realising but makes it harder.

Got to come up with a plausible excuse as to why I'm not going out-birthday cake decorating disaster?! I have got to make one for mr p and p2 so feasible it could have happened!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 21-Nov-14 19:27:30

Pumble, the baby sitter has just arrived so I can't chat. Please don't be sad. You have so much to celebrate. P2 two! Wow!

I'll be back later.

Xx

Ps, Magi, spill the beans!!

Pumble Fri 21-Nov-14 19:12:41

Helloo grin

So news from the pumblette household.... We have been bumbling along. Life has been one of those times where you just have to put your head down and try to keep going which we are doing but makes being communicative all the harder!!

P2 is two tomorrow-how did that happen?! If I knew how I would upload her cake-it's a replica of the back page of the 64 zoo lane books-why I didn't just go to tesco I will never know!! So a funny time as always find it hard thinking about her entrance into the world but then look at her now-a walking, talking bundle of energy who makes me smile everyday! smile. She's now potty trained herself too so apart from night times it's ge first time I was nappy free for three years seven months!

P1 pootling along-loving nursery and I think challenging them a bit with her memory! (The pumblettes memory will be the death of me-the pair of them are a nightmare!).

Mr P and I went out shock! It was fun but think we need an embargo on work/children talk! Did a day trip to France and waved to your son magi-was a great break and the girls had a fab time in the sea. Mr P about to spend two weeks travelling....could do without it but c'est la vie.

Supposed to be out with the girls later tonight but sitting on my bed having a weep-don't know why so think I will give it a miss.

Please tell us your news now magi please please please grin

magimedi Fri 21-Nov-14 08:58:28

Give me your news & I'll tell you mine!!

grin

Pumble Fri 21-Nov-14 00:01:10

Just got in from a Bellowhead concert with mr P and can't write long post now but really want to know your news magi...grin

magimedi Thu 20-Nov-14 22:25:54

Yippee do dah day!!

Lovely to see you, Pumble

When you have posted I will tell you my v.v.v.v exciting news.............

Pumble Thu 20-Nov-14 20:03:45

Waving manically....grin
I'm still here.... Will post properly tomo. smile

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 15-Nov-14 14:21:42

Someone come along and uncross my eyes! I've been sat at the computer typing and now I don't know which way is up! I need a break!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now