Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(679 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

magimedi Tue 20-Jan-15 17:17:57

Sorry to hear about the germs - hope you all get better asap.

row - you are quite right to give your DH some time. It's al lto easy to spend too much time here. Doesn't matter for me as DH & I are both retired so good to do things apart.

Not going to move now! Every winter I have a hankering to move into our nearest town, rather thanbeing in the suburbs & I could walk into town, to the sea etc. Trouble is we have a house that suits us here & could not get anything like it in that location.

Pumble Mon 19-Jan-15 22:34:20

Waving hi from the house of germs...hope to be better soon so I can form coherent sentences again to reply to you both....! smile

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 16-Jan-15 19:28:31

[sheepishly comes in from the cold]. Sorry, a mix of too much work and trying to give DH a little of my attention. It's been a funny old week. Several friends have been affected by the illness of others so much that life has been a little sobering. A friend was talking about New Years resolutions and that you should think about what is really important to you, and focus on that instead of a traditional resolution. So, I am trying to spend a little quality time with DH who gets a tired me at the end of the day, with a head buried in homework or the Internet.

Where are you thinking of moving to Magi? Presumably still close to the sea (or will it be overseas??).

I came home from a trip to the park today too. Lovely sunshine and fresh air was had by all but now I just want to snooze!

Pumble Fri 16-Jan-15 17:36:09

Got caught in hail/sleet/snow - had more positive trips to the park! Thankfully pumblettes were troopers! smile

Pumble Fri 16-Jan-15 14:11:51

Still here. Just about to take the pumblettes to the park in the sunshine.... It better cure the whingeing!

Will pop back later but just saying hi!

And how exciting to have a little girl on the way in the family smile

magimedi Thu 15-Jan-15 19:42:08

Oi!! You Lot!! Pumble & Row

WTF are you?

Are you OK?

No news from here - it's the January grind.

But, I am off to Brighton on Saturday to meet up with a very old friend for lunch (some wine may be involved) - I love to have things to look forward to.

And we are off to France in March to see DS & DIL - and the newest arrival, my DGC is a girl!!! I am SO excited.

magimedi Mon 12-Jan-15 22:44:17

Just popping by.

Hope all is OK with both Pumble & Row.

DH saw aged aunt today - she is fine but v tired & somewhat confused. Alternative living arrangements were not talked about.

DH & I are thinking about moving --- eeeeeeeeeeeek!

Just thinking at the moment but it's still a bit scary!

magimedi Sun 11-Jan-15 22:53:46

Sorry to hear about the ankle - but you are doing the right thing to get it sorted asap.

When you go for exercise & get into it, it really matters & you have to do it.

What are the countries Mr P visits so often? Where would you be thinking of? Huge decision & will his working life always involve this?

Aunt made a miracle recovery once in hospital. BIL went to visit her yesterday & she was up, dressed & regaling the nurses with tales of her various loves over the years. She has had more affairs than I've had hot dinners!

She was discharged today & got home about 6pm when she promptly (just after paramedics left) fell in front of her carer & paramedics had to be called back to lift her. She weight 14 stone & is a solid lump & it needs at least two strong people to hoist her up again. No injuries.

DH is going to see her tomorrow to try (HA!!) to put the proposition to her that she might be better living somewhere where she has care 24/7.

Don't envisage that going well.

Pumble Sun 11-Jan-15 20:03:42

How's your aunt magi? I really hope that she is as comfortable as she can be. Have been thinking of you all.

I'm not quite sure what triggered the loneliness - Mr P was actually here but it was possibly the thought that normal life of travelling was returning (he left today)... and he might start being away mon - fri.... I even suggested if needed we could move to one of the countries he visits so much so that we could see more of him which is something I never thought I'd do!!

We did manage a night out in London town on Friday though which was fantastic and seem to be seriously considering adding to our tribe of girls....

I am now seeing a physio about my ankle too as enough is enough - I need to be running properly again before I lose my marbles completely! Going to try to take the girls to Windsor tomorrow to sort out some insoles - think I might bribe them with gingerbread at costa. smile

magimedi Fri 09-Jan-15 20:54:54

When you feel lonely rest assured people are thinking about you,

Honestly, truly, cross my heart & hope to die - there is not a day when I don't think of you,* Pumble*.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 09-Jan-15 20:52:04

Pumble, I hope you don't take my advise as being flippant, I just mean that human company can lift your spirits.

When you feel lonely rest assured people are thinking about you, Mr pumble, always the pumbletts of course, your parents, and even I often wonder how you are. You are not alone in spirit, even if you are without company.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 09-Jan-15 20:34:54

Waving. Hello ladies. Sorry I've been offline. Pumble, arrange a meeting with someone next week - a brisk walk and run through the park. I'd come if I was nearer ( walking not running, haven't run since May)...

I hope you aunt recovers quickly Magi. You know, you can always talk to the doctors about discharging her to have the most dignity possible if it is not the news you are hoping for. I had an upsetting call with a fabulous out of hours doc when my grandmother was very poorly, about our fears of her not coming out again. His advice will always stick with me, get her assessed, doctors and nurses understand about dignity, he reminded us that if after assessment, there was nothing that could be done, we could talk to the hospital about her being discharged and her being able to return her home. Don't know how it works it practise as it didn't come to that, but talking is the first step.

Sending get well message to her and really hoping she gets well soon.

Pumble Fri 09-Jan-15 18:01:43

Really hope your aunt can make it back to the comfort of her own home magi. Hopefully a good course of antibiotics will make a rapid difference. My Granny (a similar age) was laid low with a chest infection over Christmas and thankfully when they found the right antibiotics she began to be on the mend quickly.

magimedi Fri 09-Jan-15 11:19:10

Oh dear! Why are you lonely? Is Mr P away again?

Hope he's back for the w/e.

We are waiting for news of DH's aunt (the 100 year old) who was taken to hospital last night with chest & UTI infections. Poor thing, I worry that she won't come out & had hoped she would go peacefully at home.

Pumble Thu 08-Jan-15 22:40:45

Just waving hi as it makes me feel less lonely....! smile

magimedi Mon 05-Jan-15 23:40:27

Dentist was Ok (ish).

Have to go back next week for 2 x fillings.

Hygenist - could have bit her arm off, but my teeth are squeaky clean!!

Jeez - teeth start troubling you at about 5 months & never give up! Bad invention!

Pumble Mon 05-Jan-15 15:40:24

How was the dentist? Hygienist one of my most hated things!

We have had a fairly good day together! smile

magimedi Mon 05-Jan-15 08:16:43

Agree there, Pumble. Got the dentist shortly. Check up & hygenist (sp?). When I made the appt back in June I thought it would be a good idea to get it over with early in the week. Silly me!

Grey & dull here - the weather, as well as me.

But it's all getting better - days very slowly drawing out etc. Got to be positive grin

Pumble Sun 04-Jan-15 22:55:26

So reality kicks in again in the morning.... Not looking forward to it!hmm

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 31-Dec-14 21:24:47

Happy New Year. gin and bubbles here too. Enjoy this evening and wishing you both an exciting, happy and peaceful 2015

Pumble Wed 31-Dec-14 19:57:03

Happy New Year! Hope you have out on your glad rags and are enjoying yourself now magi! What an exciting 2015 you have ahead smile

Quiet night in here. Girls down and enjoying a gin before the bubbles later. smile

magimedi Wed 31-Dec-14 16:05:15

Happy New Year!

We are going to neighbours for a party. Seemed like such a good idea back in September to all get together, but I really feel like staying in & having an early night. Expect I will enjoy it when I get there!

Pumble Sat 27-Dec-14 16:54:02

Merry Christmas to you both. Hope all went well on the day! The pumblettes woke late which was nice and all good at my mum and dads. P2 not 100% but hoping its short lived.

How was your aunt magi? I hope to be as independent at her age-they are a remarkable generation!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 24-Dec-14 17:33:16

Merry Christmas Pumble and Magi. Have a wonderfully magic time Pumble and enjoy the lamb and peace Magi.

We're looking forward to tomorrow, and if the cooking goes wrong, we have plenty if bread for cheese and ham toasties fgrin

Ps, merry Christmas to your DH's aunt Magi.

magimedi Wed 24-Dec-14 12:03:50

Happy Christmas to you both, Pumble & row.

Hope you don't get waken tooo early tomorrow & that all goes smoothly.

We will have a quiet day. Getting up early(ish) & will drive over to Portsmouth (which normally takes up to 2.5hrs, but only 1.5 tomorrow) to go & see DH's aunt, who is heading for 101 & still managing (with help) to live at home. Will spend an hour or so with her & then come home.

Rack of lamb & roast spuds etc for us for dinner with a few wine & gope to speak to DS when he finishes work.

Very peaceful & calm here - but I well remember having 6+ to stay, 5 kids under 12 & 14 for dinner! Pictures of me make me look 90!!

Looking forward to Christmas in a few years time with DGC & all the excitement.

Enjoy the day & see you after the frenzy is over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now