Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(846 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

Pumble Mon 29-Jun-15 11:11:19

Enjoy Wimbledon fortnight magi!

House we liked already has two offers hmm. And our viewing from today cancelled and the one from Saturday wasn't interested hmm

Pumble Mon 29-Jun-15 10:56:14

Enjoy Wimbledon fortnight magi!

House we liked already has two offers hmm. And our viewing from today cancelled and the one from Saturday wasn't interested hmm

magimedi Sun 28-Jun-15 20:46:46

All digits crossed for you, Pumble.

Let us know.

Wimbledon starts tomorrow - my best fortnight of the year.

Pumble Sat 27-Jun-15 12:22:17

Really liked the house we saw so positive thoughts required for people seeing ours today and on Monday. Really need them to like it!!

magimedi Fri 26-Jun-15 23:16:16

So pleased to hear you are feeling calm.

Am sure that will help the viewing.

Honestly, Pumble this house selling/buying stuff is so stressful, but I have learnt that it does have a strange habit of working out - it really does. Somewhere there is the buyer for yours & the right house for you & Mr P & the Pumblettes. I promise you!

Pumble Fri 26-Jun-15 23:11:19

Bunk beds sorted thanks to a super friend who spent the day helping me with her two girls (In between other activities we had to do!) and then all evening helping me move sofa beds etx once girls were asleep in their bunk beds! Turns out there are just something's you can't do on your own and you need to ask for help! A valuable lesson to learn I think wink

Hope viewing goes ok. Lots of tidying to do in the morning but feeling calmish! And off to look at a house too (which I'm trying hard not to like as we haven't sold ours yet!!)

Happy weekend both! smile

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 26-Jun-15 22:48:35

Hey Pumble, I hope the bunk beds are sorted, or the house is in a reasonable way for the viewing tomorrow. Stay calm, what will be will be.

I'll be sending positive vibes your way tomorrow.

magimedi Thu 25-Jun-15 22:01:01

Go to sleep. Dream of arms & grow some!

Failing that - do you have a lovely neighbour?

And every digit crossed here for the next viewing!!

Pumble Thu 25-Jun-15 20:27:54

Turns out I can't do them on my own unless I grow some more arms.... I'm not happy about this and trying to come up with a solution as they need to be sorted by sat morning as have another viewing... Oh pants. Did manage to move the sofa bed out the room though which meant john Lewis carries everything upstairs!

magimedi Thu 25-Jun-15 17:05:04

How did it go??

Have a vision of you & the Pumblettes all tied up in a semi made bed!! grin

magimedi Wed 24-Jun-15 21:23:30

The instructions will be a doddle!

Take it slowly & calmly & am sure the Pumblettes will help if pieces need holding!

Sherry is delicious - try a chilled Manzanilla sometime.

Decorators were OK today - but had no loo available in the house for about 4 hours & have a bit of a dicky tummy - was interesting!

Pumble Wed 24-Jun-15 19:01:44

Loving that they want sherry!! Have to admit to still using that tone of voice with my mum and dad too.... You must be so excited about seeing them all soon.

Impressed you have tidy decorators-what a surprise!

Had a funny day here as p3 not been v active for last few days and today was particularly bad. Led to me being snappy with girls as was so worried which then made me feel guilty. Eventually phoned hospital who said they couldn't see me as less than 25 weeks so had to go to gp. He was not impressed I was there but did check and all ok thank God. I was utterly convinced it wasn't so such a relief. Just wish I hadn't been on my own dealing with it all!

Girls bunk beds arrive tomo...the instructions will be easy to follow won't they...?! wink

magimedi Tue 23-Jun-15 17:12:27

Hi!!

Day 2 of decorators & am surviving. They are amazingly neat & clean!

Also rushing round like mad getting everything ready for going to France to see PFGC!

Lot's of phone calls that start with " Muuuuuuummm....... (they still do it the same way when adult)... could you possibly bring us some......... (marmite, stem ginger, sherry....)!!

It is lovely to drive down but Gawd the car is laden. Plus their birthday pressies (both in a few moths time) as is so much easier not to have to choose something that needs posting! Plus clothes for hot weather, cold weather and/or rain. They are in the mountains so it's 4 seasons at any time.

magimedi Mon 22-Jun-15 22:31:37

Buyers are bastards - they are only trying to get you to give in & lower the price.

As row says, four weeks is but nothing.

Sorry for offering a pregnant woman wine - am sure the MN collective will have my guts for garters!

Hang on in there - these things have a habit of working themselves out.

Of the 14 moves, just 7 were our own & the buying & selling always worked out in the end (but a lot of stress with many of them) - it will work, Pumble, it will all come out OK eventually.

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 22-Jun-15 20:37:59

Four weeks is no time to be making big decisions. Ask for the feedback to be broken down to those that are being consistently said. You can then decide what, if anything to respond to.

Remember, you bought it, so will someone else!

Pumble Mon 22-Jun-15 20:08:17

Would love a glass of wine but not sure drinking alone whilst pregnant is a good thing wink

House been on market four weeks tomo and 18 viewings in that time so seems crazy to be reducing price. Am going to swap girls room and spare room around as that will make spare look bigger if that makes sense. People are apparently moaning that it's on a road, has no parking and rooms too small. Also if people liked it when they viewed they would out in low offers so don't see how lowering price would help.

Grrrrr to it all!!

Wow magi that's a lot of houses!!!!

magimedi Mon 22-Jun-15 19:25:48

And this news is according to which agent???

How long have you had house on the market for?

People will always try to beat you down over a house price.

Does the purchase of next house depend on you getting the higher price for this one?

Moving & selling & buying is so stressful - we moved 14 times in 25 years (not all house sales, some rentals in between) - so I have a huge sympathy for you.

It may sound very crass, but it will all work out - I never used to think that at the time, but in the end it did.

wine - because I think you need a glass to wind dwon with.

And sending you lots & lots of (((xxx))) hugs.

Pumble Mon 22-Jun-15 19:06:30

So to add to the feelings of gloom....our house which we were told would be fairly straight forward to sell as now turned into a house which is unsellable unless we dramatically reduce the price.... Really could have done without this at the moment especially as found a house we really like confusedhmm

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 21-Jun-15 22:14:53

Hi pumble.

Remember this. At random moments in the day I wonder how you are. I know Magi does too. Mr Pumble will have you in his mind and heart. You may not be with him and you may feel lonely, but in those moments the loneliness is heart, think that you are in someone's thoughts. In spirit you are not alone.

Hug your girls often, keep busy and have lots of phone dates and create moments to look forward to while you wait for the magnificent Mr P to return.

magimedi Sun 21-Jun-15 20:57:03

Just popping by to wave at you, dearest Pumble.

magimedi Sun 21-Jun-15 08:48:42

I alweays found the leaving bit the worst, Pumble. Once he'd gone I used to go out or do something like clean & keep busy & then could start counting down till he got back.

You will be fin. Are their friends you can have a chat with in the evenings? I used to make phone dates with friends & sit down with a brew or wine & have a natter.

Pop on here if you feel lonely, there's always some silly chat going on somewhere & I always look in here when I'm on line.

Pumble Sun 21-Jun-15 08:15:04

So Mr P about to leave for another week away. Please remind me I will be ok as at the moment feeling teary and dreading the loneliness. I know it will be ok but it just gets so lonely at times.

Hope you're having a good weekend smile

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 17-Jun-15 20:51:12

Glad you have both had good days.

magimedi Tue 16-Jun-15 22:22:46

Have never met the Pumblettes but I know, with every fibre of my being that they are great girls.

I will remind you!!

'Nother hard day at the coal face of tennis tomorrow! grin

Pumble Tue 16-Jun-15 21:51:18

Great news about PFGD. Hope you are still seeing lots of her on Skype. You never forget the sleep deprivation do you? Nothing like it is there?! I think you've earned getting somebody in -enjoy relaxing watching the tennis smile

Had a super day out with the pumblettes today. Remind me of this when I'm moaning about them and saying they are terrors. They are lovely girls if I do say so myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now