Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(656 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 24-Sep-13 19:18:56

I agree with ^^ these two.

You have felt like this before, and each time you feel like this, you manage to climb back up.

Well done speaking to your DH, even though he is in the same house, it doesn't mean he realises the with of of feelings on any day unless you talk to him. Now he knows, tell him what he can do to help, a hug, a rest, a sounding board, whatever it is. Talk to your doctor too, for some options and some encouragement.

You will feel better. Remember the tools you can use to help yourself cope on the tougher days - sleep, and yes, that does mean bed straight after the children, regular food, some time outside every day for a bit of exercise, or even the shred (still not tried it!). And, some company in the day from somewhere. pop to the neighbours, arrange a playdate.

The doctor can help what you need to do on top of that.

Don't worry about the girls, my mum had PND and anxiety for a long time. if you asked me for my pre 5 year old memories are, I'd say the walk home from playgroup (my neighbour and I would hide in the same place from our parents and delight in it) and getting my fisher price school. No memories of any of mums illness.

Now I'm going to plump up those pillows so you get a good night sleep and get you a cup of cocoa. You get your jammies on.

thanks

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 24-Sep-13 19:23:19

Depth, not with

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 24-Sep-13 19:44:46

brew. Ready. It's got marshmallows too.

magimedi Tue 24-Sep-13 20:03:05

Early night sounds right.

Please, please, dear Pumble try to eat a wee bit better. It's a real starting place for you to get well again.

Cucumber & cheese.

Hoummus & toast or veg.

Open a tin of tuna & sarnie it with some mayo.

Apple & cheese.

Eggs! Eggs are great.

Porridge - you can make it in the microwave.

Yogurt.

I know you know all of this but I can't help being an older Mum & a bit of a nag!

(((xxx)))

Pumble Tue 24-Sep-13 20:15:46

Right, pumblettes asleep and mr p cooked me a proper meal for supper (after encouraging a piece of toast and marmite when the pumblettes had tea) so I shall be off to bed very shortly in the hope of some sleep.

This hot chocolate with marshmallows you have made row please tell me it's real hot chocolate and not the healthy stuff I sometimes have made with water!

I will try to get a good nights sleep and try to make a plan etc in the morning.

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 24-Sep-13 20:22:03

Yes, it Is even made with the dc's full fat milk wink

Sounds like you have a plan for the morning. Make sure you pick something from magimedi menu to unchanged on while you do it.

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 24-Sep-13 20:24:21

Oh, and good Mr P for cooking. He was spot on before too when you reached out to him. I'm off to make him a hot choc but if he (and you) want a dram of rum or whiskey adding, just ring the service bell. I'll bring it over.

magimedi Wed 25-Sep-13 10:14:01

How are you this morning, Pumble?

Thick, thick mist her today which doesn't look like clearing but still very warm.
#
Am feeling saintly & virtuous as have just changed our bed & hoovered the stairs. That is more than enough housework for one day, if not a week!

Pumble Wed 25-Sep-13 19:03:32

Hot chocolate was fabulous row thank you!

Had a much better day today - I know it's only one day but at least it was a good one. I went to an RHS garden to meet up with an old friend and her daughter which was lovely. It was really good to have a break from normality and get out of the house etc. Plus, you will all be pleased to hear that it meant that I had a proper lunch of hearty soup!

It is oddly warm though, once the thick fog disappears - I'm never quite sure what to dress myself or the pumblettes in!

That's surely enough housework for at least a week magi ?!

Off to choir tonight - exhuasted but will be good to get out the house.

How are you all?

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 25-Sep-13 20:41:53

You are welcome!

Glad you had a bettere day, and lunch!

"It was really good to have a break from normality and get out of the house" - how often to you get out each week Pumble? Can you try and plan so that you not in the house for two days on a trot - you are meeting someone, going to playgroup, to the park, to anywhere. Then, you have something to look forward to on a harder day, and something to think back on.

I am recovering from a cold, but otherwise ok.

Pumble Thu 26-Sep-13 11:55:14

Oh pants-just realised there's a piece of paper in with the washing....! The word muppet springs to mind....

magimedi Thu 26-Sep-13 12:25:16

Paper's not too bad - it's tissues (I am looking at you, DH ) in a dark wash that are killers.

Pumble Thu 26-Sep-13 12:52:53

It seems ok smile. I remember once leaving a tissue in the washing web at university and tumbling the clothes without noticing.... Not good!

Pumble Fri 27-Sep-13 21:06:04

We have had three ok days - they have obviously had their ups and downs but Mr P would agree that things seem a bit better.

The pumblettes and I make sure that we go out of the house every day - I would go totally stir crazy other wise. But I think what was good about Wednesday was getting totally out of the house for the whole day rather than being in and out if that makes sense. Also, we do quite a lot on our own and even when we go to groups, I do often find them quite lonely places whereas on Wednesday I was with a friend.

Mr P filmed P1 doing the warm up of shred with me this week - It is unbelievably comical but very sweet! Her squats and sit ups are getting rather too good for my liking....! I do wish that she would stop shouting 'that's like mummy does at home' when we do things at gym club etc - it's rather embarassing!!

Happy weekend though everyone - thank goodness it's Friday!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 27-Sep-13 21:18:51

Woo hoo to the 3 good days.

Groups can be lonely places until you get to know people. It's hard to strike up a conversation. I've found them lonely at times, but now have some good friends through them, often from seeing them at more than one venue - it gave me a reason to strike up a conversation.

Right, you have spurred me on, I am shredding tomorrow!

Pumble Fri 27-Sep-13 21:25:22

I'm thinking of trying to do it twice a day row so there must be something about it... (or I'm mad....)!

magimedi Fri 27-Sep-13 22:22:04

£ good days is wonderful!

I spent quite a lot of the afternoon in the garden & am not going to be shredding - my back feels shredded enough already. Squats & sit ups are certainly for the under 40's.

I am growing old dis gracefully. grin

magimedi Fri 27-Sep-13 22:22:28

*3 not £ - but ££££££££££ days would be OK!

Pumble Sun 29-Sep-13 01:22:44

Four ok days smile

Did you shred row ?

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 29-Sep-13 07:30:30

smile that is good.

Well, I did shred - got past the warm up, and then felt compelled to find some jobs to do instead ..... Sit ups are definately for the under 40's. I might try the warm up again today, and graduate to the actual programme in a year or two. wink

What have you got planned for today?

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 29-Sep-13 21:43:43

My DH has just announced his Christmas wish list. Wellies. And nice pants. Pissed myself laughing.

Pumble Sun 29-Sep-13 22:03:30

That's brilliant row do thank him for making me smile grin what are 'nice' pants?!!

Five ok days smile. Oddly worried about mr P going to work tomorrow but we WILL be ok.

rowrowrowtheboat Sun 29-Sep-13 22:16:44

I don't know if I want to know! I was too busy laughing to ask for more details. Need more wine first!

DH has just looked over and asked what are you doing? He knows I have shared his news. At least I didn't post it as a thread on AIBU. grin

Are you worried the run will end? No reason for it to. Have a lovely breakfast, plan lunch, and get out before or after lunch. Is it Mondays you work? You will be fine.

magimedi Sun 29-Sep-13 22:30:50

Hooray for 5 days.

Let's hope it's six.

I announced my Christmas wish list today - a decent watering can with a proper rose. SO I have some sympathy with your DH. row.

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 30-Sep-13 12:52:37

That's a good idea.idea. I was eyeing up my MILs metal watering can yesterday. My plastic one has sprung a leak!

How's longtailedtit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now