Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(607 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

Feeling crappy tonight, not sure if it's tiredness, money worries or what but I'm over sensitive & want to cry. Had a lovely day so no idea where this has come from.

LongTailedTit Sat 20-Jul-13 20:51:19

My sympathies MrsHB, I hope you're feeling a bit better now? Hope you can get a decent nights sleep now it's cooled down a bit.
I was irrationally screamy shouty horrible all yesterday and today, then . . . <cogs turning> . . . Oh yes, I'm due on in a few days. No idea why it seems to come as a surprise to me every month, altho since DS my PMT hits me like a ten ton truck, whereas before it was more like a hatchback.

Pumble Sat 20-Jul-13 21:45:12

How are you feeling MrsHB , hope you're feeling a bit better? I hope a good night's sleep does help. I do find sometimes having a cry does help, rather than trying not to cry if that makes sense (probably not).

I had my first CBT session yesterday - wow I can ramble on and on.... Two hours of my rambling! It did give me lots to think about though and I have homework to do.

We are off away to stay in my Granny's house in the Lakes tomorrow (five hours in the car - thank goodness it has cooled down a little) for a few days, so no way to get some time to ourselves but I am trying to think of a way to manage it.

Thanks for knitting link rowrow glad the craft night was a success.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 20-Jul-13 22:05:37

So pleased to hear you have had your first CBT session.

You may not have a chance to have time for you and Mr P to be alone, but you could both have an hour or two of me time - you go for a long walk one day, then Mr P's turn. It will give you time just to daydream, think, or not think, just be, whatever you want.

And why not have a date night in, take a DVD and a bottle of wine with you, eat with the kids, and as soon as they are settled in bed, put on a film, get out the wine and malterers and enjoy. Or, if no DVD, don't eat with the girls, and then cook a special meal for the two of you with candles.

We had a ban on our holiday of all electricals so we could spend time in each others company and not glued to mumsnet on the Internet all night. You do wonder if you still have things to think about, but even if just sitting outside, not taling, but enjoying the weather, it was nice.

Sorry MrsH is feeling blue tonight.

I'm ok, although DS2 was up every 2 hours last night confused

magimedi Mon 22-Jul-13 19:21:37

How are you all?

Hope you are managing to cope with the heat.

Pumble - so pleased to hear that you have started on the CBT & also hope you are having a lovely (& cool) time in the Lakes.

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 23-Jul-13 19:11:38

All ok here, though we all all tired and in need of a cool, good nights sleep.

LongTailedTit Tue 23-Jul-13 20:38:17

Ok here too, but bloody hell it was a sweaty day!
DS went to bed screaming but finally settled. He has a delightful new trick of glugging down his milk but holding onto a big mouthful then letting it pour out and all over his pjs and our bed. angry

Next door neighbour has a new kitten and it needs some playtime, so I'm off to fetch it over for cuddles. smile

magimedi Tue 23-Jul-13 22:27:08

Glad you are all OK - think tonight might be a tad cooler.

Shouldn't laugh but am at the mil trick, LTT!

Hope Pumble is having a cool & restful time in the Lakes.

Kittens & playtime sounds lovely.

Pumble Thu 25-Jul-13 22:02:16

Just saying hi now I'm back in the land of the internet! Hope you have all had better nights sleep now that the weather has cooled (especially hope you are having less broken sleep Mrshb )

There have been definite ups and downs since the weekend and this morning was one of those mornings that I just couldn't face getting out of bed, but I'm trying to focus on the fact there have been some ups!

must try to get some sleep now as absolutely shattered! Will check in tomorrow!

magimedi Thu 25-Jul-13 22:58:53

<waves at Pumble>

Sleep well!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 26-Jul-13 00:00:54

<waves too> welcome back!

Pumble Fri 26-Jul-13 21:19:46

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Can I curl in a ball and hide in a cupboard for a bit please? Think the pumblettes might prefer it to hmm

LongTailedTit Fri 26-Jul-13 21:34:24

Permission granted.
How about a (((HUG))) and a wine as well? Don't spill the wine in the cupboard! xxxxx

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 26-Jul-13 22:07:10

Maybe get a comfy cushion in there, and chocolate to go with the wine? And sssshhhh don't make too much noise on there, it will take them longer to find you....

Hope you are feeling a little better now?

Pumble Fri 26-Jul-13 22:09:58

A cushion, wine and chocolate?! I may never come out! Still want to stay in there but at least you've put a little smile on my face for a bit - thanks smile

magimedi Fri 26-Jul-13 22:37:17

Can I tempt you out of that cupboard with some crisps?

<scatters crumbs>

I hope it's not that bad - at least you have a sense of humor, looking at your last posts.

I would add gin to the cupboard hideaway but I suspect you can't indulge.

It will pass, honestly, I know that may sound trite, but it is true.

Big hug.......... (((xxx)))

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 27-Jul-13 09:49:34

<knocks gently> you fell asleep in the cupboard. Here's a cup of tea and some toast. Oh, and have today's newspaper, so you can make that cup of tea last a while.

Pumble Sat 27-Jul-13 10:41:48

I did fall asleep in the cupboard! A cup of tea has tempted me out-will see if I'm back in there by this evening wink

Pumble Sat 27-Jul-13 10:42:07

Ps. Gin in the cupboard always appreciated.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 27-Jul-13 17:06:56

Well, hope you have had a nice day. We have spent the whole day outside and we have not had to hide from the sun once. Glad the cup of tea worked, but what was wrong with the toast? wink

Almost gin and tonic o'clock...

magimedi Sat 27-Jul-13 17:48:13

Glad you've had a nice day, row.

I've had a good day, got lots of jobs done & had a lovely swim on the high tide about 3.30pm.

Huge storm brewing here - think I'm going to have to switch off the computer.

Just realised it is gin o'clock!

I've had a grumpy wanting to throttle the boys kind of day. Only about 1/2 an hour ago did I start enjoying them & now it's bed time hmm

magimedi Sat 27-Jul-13 19:54:39

MrsHelsBels - at least you are putting them to bed with some joy.

I well remember days like that - and I only had one.

Pumble Sat 27-Jul-13 20:24:28

I don't always practise what I preach when I say this mrshb but....

I tell myself if they go to bed happy then that is the thought at the front of their minds as they go to sleep and so they sleep happy, no matter what has occurred the rest of the day

As I say, I don't practise what I preach but I try my best to do so.

We have had a much better day today and no hiding in the cupboard yet, although can't say no alcohol has passed my lips.....! wink

Hope the storm isn't too bad magimedi it's been pouring here since bedtime. I'm very jealous of your swim too.

Hope everyone gets a restful night....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now