Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not Driving Away!

(543 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

Pumble Mon 06-Jan-14 22:03:50

We all survived and all survived well I think.

Plus I have finished plumblette 1's jumper - the first I have ever knitted! Need to sort out lose ends but other than that, feeling pretty chuffed.

So a good day! How was yours?

magimedi Mon 06-Jan-14 22:38:20

Mine was good. Thank you!

There was light in the sky (to a trained eye !!) at 5pm. And we had a lovely walk with no rain.

It really is the little things like that that I cling on to to stop the black dog descending.

I am super impressed by all this knitting - I can't even remember how to cast on.

Will be coming to you for lessons if there is a sniff of a DGC anytime!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 08-Jan-14 14:40:15

Hi Pumble and Magi.

Pleased to hear Monday was good. How is it mid week? We have started well,but today was more challenging to get up and out!

I'm trying to spend less time on here as I'm not getting my knitting done at all (well, by not coming to MN I have a got a lot further this week, but still not enough)

Very much need to do a January house clearance too. Beware, anything that is still long enough gets put away or thrown away!

magimedi Wed 08-Jan-14 17:29:23

"If in doubt - chuck it out". Has always been my motto! But we did have 15 moves in 25 years so I am really good about clutter!

Am feeling very saintly today as joined the local uni gym so that I can keep my NY resolution to swim at least twice a week. It look lovely & is only £80 for 4 months. And if I keep it going & take out an annual membership it's only £140 pa!!!

Please feel free to nag me to go - it makes my back so much better & makes me feel much chirpier generally.

Sorry to hear getting up & out was a challenge, row - hope tomorrow is better.

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 08-Jan-14 18:07:48

Wow, a move every two years or less. I don't know how you do that! My inclination is f in doubt keep, so I will try and switch the other way.

Swimming sounds good, and a steal of a price. Go tomorrow!

I miss swimming but don't go often enough for gym membership, but I should get to our local pool.

My new years resolution is to be 'mindful' at least once a day. I've not done a course, but I can stop and appreciate the clouds in the sky or wind in my hair, or the sound of my girls playing and just remind myself it's the small things that make me happy.

magimedi Wed 08-Jan-14 19:50:24

It wasn't every two years - just sometimes it was 5 times in 3 years!!

Love the idea of being 'mindful' - it is certainly the little things that matter.

Don't forget CDWM next week!

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 17-Jan-14 20:30:52

Magi, that's still loads of times! Hats off to you!

Hey Pumble! How are you? Have you had a old week? I hope you are alright.

magimedi Sat 18-Jan-14 23:04:16

Just popping by to see how you all are.

I'm OK - had a sort of sub virus the last two days & feel e bit meh - but reckon I've shrugged it off now.

Pumble Sun 19-Jan-14 22:43:39

Just saying hi. Had a funny time-hope to be able to post more tomorrow.

Sorry you have been below par magi. Hope the new week leads to the end of it.

Hope all good with you row

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 22-Jan-14 09:52:23

Sorry you've had a funny time Pumble. Hope the results are coming back with good news.

Magi, I hope you once again on full par.

I'm still on my house clearance mode. Trying to sort and clean. One daughter has a sparkling room with no junk in it any more, just the rest of the house to go.

Feeling tired today after a broken nights sleep, so after the lovely cup of tea i'm now drinking, I'm going into to room 2 with a big bin bag and feather duster!

Anyone else want a tea?

Pumble Wed 22-Jan-14 12:27:18

Just a little milk in my tea please rowsmile

Can you declutter here too?! wink

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 22-Jan-14 13:19:42

There you go Pumble brew

Time for another mini break!

Pumble Wed 22-Jan-14 22:23:37

I got side tracked by duplo building....! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more but I was rather proud of my efforts (especially the zoo!)

How is the decluttering? Any progress?

I think part of the funny time is due to the ongoing tests but also my cbt ended and it's odd thinking I've lost that help if that makes sense? I've got another couple of sessions in June but it's still a bit odd. I think I quite valued the couple of hours each session to talk/think/get perspective!

I've decided I need to get out more as knitted another jumper for p1 and irs taken just over a week.....

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 23-Jan-14 12:07:08

Duplo is good fun.

It will feel funny. You're going through uncertainty with the tests and you're moving to a new phase now CBT has finished. You valued that time, so can you somehow replicate a part of it? Could the childcare arrangements continue so you have an hour of walking and thinking? Could you find a group of people to meet up with that in time could act as a sounding board?

Keep a list of the most valuable exercises and do them.

I'm impressed with the speed of knitting! I'm back onto a toy as I now have matching hats for the little ones.

De cluttering is going well. My jumpers and trousers were done yesterday. Just got to edge them off the floor and into a charity bag now.

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 06-Feb-14 12:12:31

How's life Pumble? Are you using the CBT? Are you still knitting, or are you in a duplo zoo trying to find the penguins? (I have to see the penguins whenever I go to the zoo)

Just had a lovely walk in the park because it is NOT NOT NOT raining. It's starting raining now we are home though, shock, I yearn for a rain free day!

magimedi Thu 06-Feb-14 14:19:10

Also checking in! Just been out & got soaked to the skin in a 200yard walk back to the car - umbrella no use in the wind. Bored to tears with all this rain & am not even in a bad area like SW.

Love the thought of P in the zoo!!!

magimedi Tue 11-Feb-14 07:43:57

Hallo! It's rainig - just for a change. We are OK here & no risk of flooding but I wondered how you all are?

Hope you haven't got cabin fever from being in so much.

magimedi Sat 15-Feb-14 20:20:16

Hallo! I have wine & just wondering how you al are?

You've all gone far too quiet for my liking!

magimedi Sat 15-Feb-14 20:20:35

all are - fat fingers!

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 15-Feb-14 20:31:45

Hello! I'm good thanks. At my parents for the first time in months, and have two very excited girls pleased to be here. We have, over the next few days, the best weather in months for the south west apparently so I'm looking forward to being blown about but not necessarily rained on.

Life has been busy as I've been getting more involved in a few things in the evenings, and I'm trying to keep offline when the girls are around as it won't be long before both are at school,som visiting here less often.

Still thinking of my MN friends though, what's the latest?

magimedi Sat 15-Feb-14 20:36:06

My latest is that I have kept my NY resolution of swimming 3 times a week & am nearly up to swimming 40 lengths (I K) per swim! It's not even a stealth boast, I am ridiculously excited by it!

And I swim at my local uni pool & on Wednesdays I have to walk past all the top mens' hockey team!! Phew!!! How I manage to swim after that excitement........

Did you get the job??

Wold love to hear from Pumble.

magimedi Sat 15-Feb-14 20:36:54

Meant to say I hope you are having a lovely break with your parents & that the sun shines for you.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 15-Feb-14 20:51:36

Phew! It sounds like you have a little incentive to swim! Well done!

I am failing at taking a moment each day, and feel busier than ever. I also need to do more exercise, now I'm the wrong size of 40, the waist is starting to expand whereas before it didn't care what I ate! Zumba or Pilates will start after half term, we'll see if that makes a difference.

How is Pumble?

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 01-Mar-14 22:10:30

Evening! How are we doing?

magimedi Sun 02-Mar-14 19:43:51

Am doing fine!

Pumble - we'd love to hear from you - don't be shy - if it's all awful we are still here for you, lovely woman.

Would just like to know that you have not vanished into the ether!

How's the Zumba/Pilates, Row ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now